Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • I might actually explode if I see….
  • 29erKeith
    Free Member

One more person (especially my wife) google google
    Or google gmail
    Or google Facebook

“but I don’t know how else to get there”
    Arrrgggghhhhhhh!

Hey Bob, you know Joe Blogs?
    Yeah.
    What’s his name?

Yes I stereotypically work in IT but really? Is the concept of an address that hard?

Rubbish rant I know no random capitals blah blah… and stupid but it really annoys me

labsey
    Free Member

Yeah, it annoys me too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

book marks…..

Kryton57

Hey Bob, you know Joe Blogs?

Your name’s not really Kieth?

chvck
    Free Member

So if I told you that I google for facebook and the like AND use the address bar to do it… Not sure why I do that when it’s quicker and easier to just add .com

MrOvershoot

Do people actually type in http://www.facebook.com rather than click a link in Favorites/Bookmarks??

Kryton57

There’s an app for that…

IvanDobski
    Free Member

When, god forbid, I end up on Bing or Yahoo etc I always search for Google and then do my interwebzing from there.

I like to think in Bing/Yahoo HQ a little bell rings whenever someone searches for Google on their search engines and all the development engineers cry inside a little.

samuri
    Free Member

I know people who type, “what is the address for facebook?” into google. They include the question mark too.

These people are my toys. I like implying that every search they do goes into the HMRC computer so they can work out how much spare cash they have when in reality HMRC couldn’t link expenditure to income if they owned amazon.

maccruiskeen

Do people actually type in http://www.facebook.com rather than click a link in Favorites/Bookmarks??

do people click of favourites or bookmarks rather than type ‘fa’ in the address bar and see the rest of the address and and the recently visited pages drop down? Or even just ‘f’ and have the url of the STW chat forum auto complete?

And do people really stand over other people’s shoulders and get irate about how they steer the internet?

maccruiskeen

I like to think in Bing/Yahoo HQ a little bell rings whenever someone searches for Google on their search engines and all the development engineers cry inside a little.

its not a bell, it sounds more like someone dropping a scaffold pole. A bell rings when some one uses Bing / Yahoo – and the lights dim a little.

samuri
    Free Member

I like to think in Bing/Yahoo HQ a little bell rings whenever someone searches for Google on their search engines and all the development engineers cry inside a little

God I hope so. Do they *actually* die after so many searches? That would be a wonderfully fitting end for someone who invented Bing.

MrOvershoot

maccruiskeen – Member
    do people click of favourites or bookmarks rather than type ‘fa’ in the address bar and see the rest of the address and and the recently visited pages drop down? Or even just ‘f’ and have the url of the STW chat forum auto complete?

And do people really stand over other people’s shoulders and get irate about how they steer the internet?

Private browsing/work system that wipes your history every night?

Hey its the little things that irritate 😉

piemonster

WGAF

CountZero

What’s Bing? (Rushes off to Google Google to Google Bing…) 😉

konabunny
    Free Member

I thought the OP was going to say “…one more bloody thread title that doesn’t identify the topic but just uses smartarse…”

“…ellipses”

bigrich

look at this soothing image of TBL giving a lecture and calm down.

IanW
    Free Member

Stereotypically… IT workers have least understanding of IT users.

piemonster

Stereotypically… IT workers have least understanding of IT users.

😀

thejesmonddingo

I think I might explode if another mindless IT technician whines about the way I use my computer.I’m paying his wages FFS

piemonster

Im googling everything now

Google, all the google products, facebook, quite enjoy googling bing.

EVERYTHING

kayak23

Hey OP, do you mean THIS?…

igm

What’s Facebook?

Stoner
    Free Member

I know people who type, “what is the address for facebook?” into google.

Samuri, one of my dad’s first google search strings, verbatim:

“Can you show me pictures of 1960-1970s classic sports cars, please?”

I think he thought there was someone on the other end waiting too go down to central archives and dig out the pictures for him 🙂

piemonster

Google it igm

wwaswas

this person is worth a follow on Google;

https://twitter.com/oldmansearch

My dad is 82 years old. I’m teaching him how to use the internet. I told him twitter was how to search things on Google. These tweets are what he’s searching.

not entirely sure it’s genuine but it’s suitably wierd to brighten my timeline on occasion.

atlaz
    Free Member

I think the OP has sort of missed the evolution of the web. Search has become so ubiquitous that you don’t NEED to remember the URL these days. Why type http://www.facebook.com when you can actually type fb into the address bar and then click the first link. Okay, googling google is stupid but when you look at browsing/browser habits of people these days, more and more people use search as a sort of shortcut to the address bar. It’s why domainers are losing income as Google/Bing have removed the need for “good” URLs and the page rank is now more important.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘I might actually explode if I see….’ is closed to new replies.