Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • I meet Tracey and family on Walna Scar
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Gorgeous weather for once – you might even think it was summer :o)

Tracey, Kevin, Abigail & Katie (+ a few hangers-on 🙂

hora
    Free Member

We didnt see one biker up there today 🙁

midlifecrashes

Ooh, I met Kevin on my front doorstep the other day, but he was had a suit and tie on. Delivery service for a crank from the classifieds, top fella! Thanks Kevin. Is that the newly powder coated Spesh in the background?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

We didnt see one biker up there today

we hid till the scary men went away…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

serious downhiller:

hora
    Free Member

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2668/3912566019_30d76f0839.jpg[/img]

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The top one is the "kill me now!" shot :o)

grumm
    Free Member

Looks lovely – was a cracking day in the Lakes today. Did a route round Grizedale – superb! Saw loads of bikers and even walkers on the bridleways today, don't normally see many people at all once you're off the north face/fire roads.

fizzer
    Free Member

First picture I was uncerimoniously booted out of the way mid-conversation with Tracey cheers Simon 😀

Very nice family I might add.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I was uncerimoniously booted out of the way mid-conversation

sorry Graham, very thoughtless of me! I do tend to think the photos are the most important thing 🙂

tails
    Free Member

jesus, tracy family don't ride light thats alot of pads, still wish i had put a lid on, on thursday when i used my head as a brake.

fizzer
    Free Member

"sorry Graham, very thoughtless of me! I do tend to think the photos are the most important thing"

not that I'd noticed or anything lol

Kit
    Free Member

That's one cool family!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

But the burning question is does she have a nice bum?
    Come on Simon, answer please, I know you took plenty of pictures of it 😉

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Hey, i saw you lot in the pub for lunch. How was the rest of the ride? Great weather wasnt it?

hora
    Free Member

2unfit, err she looks quite young. Cute but young.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

hora, I thought that as she has had a family, she was 'old enough' to fall fowl of Simon's camera, or are you talking about what I assumed to be her daughter?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

But the burning question is does she have a nice bum?

I wouldn't dare comment :o)

Tracey

Just landed back home, did Grizedale from Coniston and back today, great to meet you all, the girls say hello. Katie was on her new build [minus the wheels] as we picked it up on the way. Feel free to comment on my bum, nomatter what you say I wont take any offence.

Eddie ride was brill.

First time we have done the two rides and it was a great weekend.

Will put up pics later

Tracey [with the big bum]

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Feel free to comment on my bum, nomatter what you say I wont take any offence.

now there's a challenge :o) I'll look out a pic and let people decide for themselves!

erny
    Free Member

Simon have you got a link for that route please?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon have you got a link for that route please?

it won't be ready till tomorrow evening, but here's the GPS track

It's very simple: Torver, Hummer Lane, Broughton Forest BW, road to Stephenson Gnd, BW to Natty Bridge, Yaud Mire & Walna Scar. Turn R just after big rocky dropoff after the bridge back to Torver. Just 10 miles!

Rich
    Free Member

Love the Dennis top, he has been my life-long hero! 😳

hora
    Free Member

SFB- did you ride the footpath that comes out into Coniston town itself? Crikey its scary!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB- did you ride the footpath that comes out into Coniston town itself? Crikey its scary!

I'm not sure I know which one you mean – if we're going into Coniston from Walna Scar we take the BW to the right of the car park down to Spoon Hall (slightly S of the town). This is a great technical section 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Go through the carpark itself rather than to the right- over the grassy drop off then through a couple of gates down a tight rocky/with outcrops with walls eitherside tightening into tree cover then out onto a road.

Going to be honest SFB. Im shocked and appalled that you dont know this particularly tasty cheeky bit of trail 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Go through the carpark- over the grassy drop off then through a couple of gates down a tight rocky/with outcrops with walls eitherside tightening into tree cover then out onto a road.

that may be the bridleway, though I've just spotted a footpath that runs parallel only 100m north…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Im shocked and appalled that you dont know this particularly tasty cheeky bit of trail

you mean this?

and:

hora
    Free Member

Yep- recognise the first pic! then the stone walls become narrower and narrower on both sides of you. Loved it! Of course, if anyone sees this as evidence of me riding a cheeky trail I must say I had no idea it was….cheeky

Tracey

Think we may have rode that bit, does the first pic then go through a stream

Tracey

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

yes, and it's a BRIDLEWAY :o)

known it for years and years & fell off on most of the rocky bits! I've only ever cleared the pool once.

hora
    Free Member

Its ALL a stream- well it was on Sat and it was sunny all day!

grumm
    Free Member

Bit confused, Simon your site and gpx file show you turning right not long after the bridge and going back down towards Torver. Are these pics of that or of the BW to Spoon Hall that carries on E?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon your site and gpx file show you turning right not long after the bridge and going back down towards Torver.

the pics I posted just above are of the BW to Spoon Hall, not of the way we went on Saturday 🙂 I hope to post the shots of the ride late tonight but there are a lot (600+) to sift through…

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘I meet Tracey and family on Walna Scar’ is closed to new replies.