Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • I love my wife but…
  • GrahamS

Do it and enjoy it.

We lived in in Adelaide for a year and it was brilliant. Great way of life, with
    vineyards nearby and a nice beach within easy cycling distance. 😀

Thought seriously about emigrating permanently, but my mum had a double heart attack which served as a very sharp reminder of family bonds and the limited time we all have together. 😕

Still, if I could bundle up everyone I love and take them with me then I'd be back there in a flash.

NZCol

cold Jug of Monteiths Black

Dribble, wish we could get that in Oz.

3 Ravens Dark perhaps, Mountain Goat Surefoot Stout, Five Islands Bulli Black

Theres a few options for ya !

kiwijohn

Most of those are new since i left in 2000. Thankfully the aussies are catching up on decent brewing, but the tax is outrageous. I could buy Cascade Premium lager in NZ cheaper than Tassie & I live right next to the brewery.

NZCol

True. At least decent beer here isn't too bad – Tuatara Hefe is the god of beers, closely followed by the IPA, the Helles and then anything from Emersons !

kiwijohn

I can get Emersons here, & even Monteiths, but it ain't cheap.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Wife in can't make up mind shocker!
    😈

molgrips
    Free Member

People change and grow, ideas evolve, times and situations change. Don't blame her for it 🙂

The good thing to do isn't just the thing, it's the combination of the thing and the time.

mudshark
    Free Member

There was a TV prog a while back about a once rich man who was now living in a caravan after his wife suggested they give everything away. Unfortunately she didn't like living in poverty so she left him. Women eh? Gotta love 'em … or something.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I stiil love her. She is warm.

langy
    Free Member

KiwiJohn – what about the 2 metre tall brewing co? they're putting out some good stuff down your way…

Glad to here that things are progressing Zokes – see ya soon!

wouldn't worry about MTB in WA; they've got some good funding coming through at the moment for new stuff, so they are gonna be alright; true not huge mountains, but lots of undulating stuff that is different but just as fun.

I'd say cost of living is a little bit cheaper and over here in Adelaide house prices are better than Perth; overall it's a better set up I reckon and thats after nearly turning around and going home in the first 3 or 4 months of getting to Aus!

The weather is dependent on where you go; get south in WA, SA, VIC or NSW and its temperate; hotter summers for sure, but you still get a discernible change in seasons. Head to Tassie if you want a proper winter – or at least to be blown away in the wind (though also by the scenery)!

Having been here for almost 4 years now and having been back "home" in the last year, I don't see anything that will lure me back. Besides, I get my Aussie (dual) citizenship in May too – can no longer lose the Ashes!

kiwijohn

KiwiJohn – what about the 2 metre tall brewing co? they're putting out some good stuff down your way…

Their Cleansing Ale does just that. There're some good brewers in Tas, & Cascade is also very good. It's just stupidly expensive.
    Tassie is a good place to live, the pace of life is just right, but wages are a bit backwards.

billyboy
    Free Member

Butts are important

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

its quite flat in WA…you might need to take up a new hobby!

The surf is rarely flat in WA.

I have some questions:
    1. What is it that your wife is setting up?
    2. Any chance of a job?

alpin
    Free Member

I could buy Cascade Premium lager

but why would you; it's shit.

Coopers Strong and/or Pale Ale….. mmmmm…..

south-western WA is a beautiful place. too far to commute though. Perth itself is lovely. i called it pleasentville whilst i was there. lots of water. lots of beach, surf, barbecues and weeeeeed!

transport in the city is pretty limited so be prepared to drive everywhere.

i found Adelaide to be sooooo boring. the whole city spread along one street – Hindley St/Rundle Mall. ther hills t te east are a nice place though. some proper trails there too….

great country. met the GF there but she wouldn't go back as it's too far away from her (small) family.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘I love my wife but…’ is closed to new replies.