Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • I keep (not) seeing famous people while out biking
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Last weekend it was James DeGale the boxer, out running round Epping Forest. I hadn't clocked his face, but one of the others recognised him.

He had his GB shirt on too.

Today it was Davina McCall riding round Swinley, according to Tootallpaul from here – although I'd been looking at her not-very-pretty Marin as we nodded hello.

Anyone trump those with better celeb sightings while on their MTB?

djglover
    Free Member

I saw Jeremy Paxman jogging round RIchmond Park in a mankini.

sheldona
    Free Member

Nearly ran Nigel Kennedy over a few years back whilst riding in the Cotswolds.

allthepies
    Free Member

>Today it was Davina McCall riding round Swinley,

or someone who looks a bit like Davina McCall 🙂

cookeaa

Hang on you were within striking distance of Davina Macall, and didn't try to murderise the annoying bint!!??!

heihei

Have seen Eric Clapton a couple of times by the Judge's Seat on Pitch Hill. He has the place by the windmill so not too surpising. A mate of mine was up there a few years' back when he was strumming a guitar and singing to his daughter – mate said he sounded pants!

oldgit
    Free Member

Bumped into that bloke that played Jesus and his missus Babs from Pans People.
    He had a right go, luckily Babs had somewhere decent to park our bikes Honk Honk 😛

awh
    Free Member

I saw MBUK's Doddy twice last Sunday cycling along the canal!

Some of the trees, rocks and mud round here have become local celebs after featuring in MBUK and WMB photoshots many times 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Riding with famous peeps from work 8)

RealMan
    Free Member

Ride regularly with a guy who plays an ambulance driver on holby city (I think)

jockhaggis
    Free Member

If anyone knows who Muriel Gray is, she once came to the rescue of me and my mates when one of us required 'mountain rescuing'. One of us went for help and 30 minutes later she arrived along a fire trail 5 miles from the nearest road in her Chinquechento (sp).

Her husband drove broken mate to Fort William while her neighbour took us to Dalwhinnie to pick up our cars.

Kindest people I have ever met.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

didnt she used to be on the Tube?

tang
    Free Member

i nearly ran over damien hurst.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Aye, the tube with Paula watsit and Jools Holland and then various scottish stuff.

Rochey
    Free Member

years back I say Robert Miller (road content)

Mascy
    Free Member

Kevin Costner, Jack Nicholson & Don Johnson.

(although I lived in Aspen for a bit!)

GJP
    Free Member

I regularly see Max Clifford (that is pretty much every weekend) and his brand spanking new Bentley at a coffee shop in Weybridge. You really would think he had something better to do.

GlennG
    Free Member

John Snow (news reader) walking up at Peaslake and Louis Theroux? biking up at Pitch Hill.

Bumped into Lawrence Dellalio?? in a restaurant in Ax-Les Thermes in the Pyrennes, he is f@cking huge and was on a road biking trip across the Pyrennes with other rugby types last Oct.

JoeNation
    Free Member

Never while out riding, but I met Emma Pooley at my old LBS, and I saw Andrew Marr in Manchester city centre the other day.

porterclough
    Free Member

I often cycle past 50s throwback crooner Richard Hawley taking his turnups for a walk in the local park. No-one seems to recognise him.

Northwind

Internet Sensation Danny Macaskill at Glentress, travelling at approximately the speed of light.

julianwilson
    Free Member

A few years ago I stayed in a chalet at the top of the Wall in Afan, and in the next door one to us was a bunch of girtls including Tracey Moseley and Rachel Atherton, fresh from winning the junior world champs at Fort William. I think we borrowed a spoon from them.

My absolute favourite though, was squeezing past Gary Wilmot in a lane near Wembury, south Devon. 8)

theboatman
    Free Member

I saw Pete Postlethwaite in the pizza place in Peebles, technically I wasn't riding at the time, but it was a biking hol for me.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

… top of Leith Hill, circa 1993

duntstick
    Free Member

A friend phoned to ask if I fancied going out on the bikes with him and his mate in Sospel, I declined as I was already out and cream crackered…………………………………………….His mate was Fabien Barel he told me later in the bar,gutted!

juan
    Free Member

I rode with plenty of celebs.
    WCA, peterpoddy, "the rude boy", jojo, foxy_chick and even (whispers) TJ…

ononeorange

I've had a spate (well two) of celeb sightings in a couple of weeks of each other – David Blunkett somewhere in the Peaks, and Jeremy Paxman in the Chilterns. Neother was on a bike, so I actually noticed who they were.

Speshpaul

Pete Postlethwaite, lives locally as is know as p****d Postlewaite for some reason. Seems a nice chap. Bob Plant like wise.
    Roy Wood almost ran me down once in his XR3i, hes giving it look where friggin going, and i'm (drunk) going Roy – well i wish it could be….

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I saw William Woollard & Jim Davidson on the floating restaurant at Dartmouth. Beat that!

badnewz
    Free Member

I see dead people.
    I've also seen ex-Tennis player and tv presenter Annabel Croft in Swinley Forest.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Seen Jarvis Cocker in my village (visiting his mum apparently)

Ti29er
    Free Member

I was Rimmer's ar£e in series 6 (?)"Rimmers World" for all you Red Dwarf fans out there.
    I was asked to attend the recent convention at the NEC, but declined due in part to nappy rash.
    Non-bike content, sorry!

One problem I have is that having had many photographers working for my business shooting weddings I "recognise" many people at my own wedding shoots, so off I go and say Hello, so as not to appear ignorant, assuming we as a company took their wedding pictures, only then for it to dawn on me that they're a TV personallity and I'm suddenly appearing over-familiar with them for no apparent reason (as they see it). They're all very good natured about it mind.

I've also photographed many minor and B celeb's weddings over the years, all without bikes in the frame – shame!

dawson

thefallguy – Member

Seen Jarvis Cocker in my village (visiting his mum apparently)

yep, she lives somewhere near the Grey Horses.

awh
    Free Member

When I was at uni, Terrorvision came to play the union. The singer, Tony Wright, came out with the mountain bike club. He did this a most unis on the tour while the band slept! He had a really nice Pace RC200 in red, with XTR etc. Pretty fast as well.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I scared the life out of Mark Bosnich years ago when doing a stoppie down the hill outside the paper shop. He was coming out of the shop at the time and dived paper in hand across the bonnet of his Ferrari 😆

plop_pants
    Free Member

Regularly ride training races with Leon Camier, BSB champion. He did the london league cx race yesterday and I had him and his little brother on my wheel most of the race.

sharki
    Free Member

None to note, unless the occasional famous cyclist doing the races with me.

Saw Jim Davage on Saturday if that counts.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Leon is FAST. I have been on both Donington and Siverstone with him.
    Not in my league. 😥

Moses

Not cycling but walking: Mrs M was told to "Get orff my land" by Guy Ritchie recently. His current girlfriend, Jemima Puddleduck, looked unimpressed.

redthunder
    Free Member

Steve Webb MP

and I moaned about something.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘I keep (not) seeing famous people while out biking’ is closed to new replies.