Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I just trapped my first dog
  • mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Just now. Two bruisers out with about twelve of the buggers, collie sort of things, all going crazy. I slowed right down, nipped through at walking pace. Then clear of the pack and laying on the power, when one attacked from behind. It was trying to bite my leg, so I kept going to get away.

Next thing the stupid animal had it's rear leg and tail right through my back wheel. Wheel locked up with leg right through the stays and tail all caught up in the sprocket.

So it was rear wheel out to sort the mess. I didn't stop to really find out the details, but amazingly it didn't appear to have broken any bones, (my superficial impression).

Owner's parting comments "Sorry my dog attacked you.." No he didn't actually say that. "You're lucky it had a muzzle on".

martinxyz
    Free Member

yep,his teeth would have gone straight thru yer tyres if it got a chance.;O)

go back, same time next week and wait for him to return on his usual dog walk.. make some kind of muzzle up and wear it. tell him with an evil glint in yer eye that he is very lucky you decided to wear it today.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Ha Ha, I like that.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Nice one!
    We usually go like this…..me, 'Steve, dog ahead', Steve, 'do we need ammo?' Me, 'yep', we both stop to pick up rocks, sticks &/or a big gobful of water. Usually does the trick.

will
    Free Member

😆

stoney
    Free Member

I wonder if said dog will think twice next time ❗

devs
    Free Member

Well that beats a rat, rabbit and a squirrel!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Nice one!
    We usually go like this…..me, 'Steve, dog ahead', Steve, 'do we need ammo?' Me, 'yep', we both stop to pick up rocks, sticks &/or a big gobful of water. Usually does the trick.

Yeh, I tried that once on a solo ride, it didnt work well at all.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

'Yeh, I tried that once on a solo ride, it didnt work well at all.'

well it wouldn't, would it?
    It takes two, durrr…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Or was that just irony? Sorry if it was. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I just trapped my first dog’ is closed to new replies.