Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • I just realised I've never
  • sandwicheater

For me, just realised i’ve never watched blade runner.

Harry_the_Spider

I have.

jekkyl

It’s a shame she won’t live, but then again, who does?

ton

…… I have never watched a game of football.

stavromuller
    Free Member

I’ve got the director’s cut on dvd…..no bloody difference!

Rubber_Buccaneer

I saw it at the Tannhauser Gate

Rubber_Buccaneer

no bloody difference!

different end at least

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blade Runner..

Or

Runner Blades ?

zilog6128

I’ve got the director’s cut on dvd…..no bloody difference!

You want to get the Final Cut then 🙂 The Director’s Cut wasn’t even approved by the director!

P-Jay
    Free Member

If you’ve got a few hours spare give it a go, It’s a good film, that’s all it is mind you, a film.

Visually stunning, there’s the odd thing that gives away it’s an 80’s idea of the future, but you can ignore that.

It’s Sci-Fi of course, but in a lot of ways it’s not – it’s reminds me of LA Confidential, it just so happens that some cars fly and some people are really robots, it’s doesn’t rely on it.

maccruiskeen

For me, just realised i’ve never watched blade runner.

Well hurry up – according to the timeline of the film the Nexus Replicants were built last year and will be past their sell by date in 2019.

If you don’t watch its soon it won’t be sci-fi anymore – it’ll be a documentary.

zilog6128

it’s doesn’t rely on it.

Er, the whole plot depends on it so it kind of does… Sci-Fi can be contemporary (Frankenstein) or set in the past; don’t confuse bollocks like Star Wars as sci-fi just because it’s got spaceships & lasers in it!

edlong
    Free Member

If you’ve never seen Blade Runner, I recommend NOT starting with the Director’s Cut. The original cinematic release with the voice-overs may have been hated by the Director but is at least possible to follow. I’d recommend the Director’s Cut for a second viewing once you know what’s going on. (The Director’s Cut removed the voice-overs).

I’ve not seen the “Final Cut” though.

I’ve never seen the Star Wars prequels. Actually, I managed about 20 minutes of Phantom Menace.

edlong
    Free Member

the odd thing that gives away it’s an 80’s idea of the future

Having to find a payphone being one of them iirc

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Time to die…

sandwicheater

A few hours have been set aside tonight.

This thread is not going as planned, ton has the right idea (flounces off muttering to himself).

dlr

I am outraged that you haven’t seen it and it also reminds me of the outrage when a friend who is apparently a film fanatic, also hadn’t seen it so I have just reminded him of that

Pigface
    Free Member

Edlong +1

IMO the original cut with the voice over is the best, the later versions lose the ambiguity…………

One of my favourite films.

You Nexus 6 I designed your eyes

If only you could see what I have seen through your eyes

(Not an exact quote but close enough)

wilburt
    Free Member

It was the realisation that sims would have to be given a finite lifespan that convinced me we are almost certainly sims.

allthegear
    Free Member

I’d never seen the Rocky Horror Show film until I got back from Transylvania this Summer…

Rachel

Stoner
    Free Member

enjoyed giggling to myself today, listening to the Good Morning Vietnam soundtrack on my headphones. Robin Williams at his funniest.

But I’ve never seen the film.

Cougar

The Final Cut is the only version where RS had complete creative control. It’s the one to watch if you want to see it as intended.

doris5000

Visually stunning, there’s the odd thing that gives away it’s an 80’s idea of the future, but you can ignore that.

that’s the best* thing!

I love it when that happens – then it becomes not just a vision of the future but also a document of the past.

*ish

sandwicheater

I’ve read the book or what i believe the film is loosely based on. Interested to see it. Suitable beer and snacks have been acquired.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve read the Dick novel (no smirking at the back), it’s quite unlike the film but that is to the credit of Ridley Scott’s beautifully realised imagined world. The film itself is wonderful, from Vangelis to the Hamlet-esque soliloquy from Roy Batty near the end. Just ignore the silliness about enhancing a photograph on a wall and it’s nearly perfect.

The correct viewing order is Original (with the voiceover) and Final Cut.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Stoner – Member

enjoyed giggling to myself today, listening to the Good Morning Vietnam soundtrack on my headphones. Robin Williams at his funniest.

But I’ve never seen the film.

I wouldn’t bother, you’ve experienced all the good bits.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have watched Blade Runner (at least twice) but it clearly didn’t have any effect on me as I have entirely no recollection of the storyline whatsoever.

To me it was nothing *BUT* some cars fly

Edric64
    Free Member

I have not seen it ,dont know what its about .

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Saw it at the iMax earlier this year. First time watching it in yonks. Still bloody good.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Still don’t get what all that stuff was at the end about fish – sea breams glittering in the dark? eh?

somafunk

I’ve never :

Ate at a Burger King/Macdonalds/KFC etc…. not really a surprise as i’ve been veggie since 17.

I have watched Bladerunner though

welshfarmer

I have never seen the film “Frozen”, though I constantly find myself singing “Let it Go” to myself at the top of my voice.

TheFlyingOx

I’ve seen Bladerunner.

I haven’t seen any of the “Alien/Aliens/Ressurection” films though.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve not seen Blade Runner. Or any Star Wars. Or any Aliens/Predator. Or any Lord of the Rings/Hobbit. Or any Indiana Jones. Or had a KFC (and I’m definitely not veggie).

As a work colleague asked me today “what the hell do you do?!”, I feel he raised a good point. 😕

I have seen Frozen though.

perchypanther
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    I’ve not seen Blade Runner. Or any Star Wars. Or any Aliens/Predator. Or any Lord of the Rings/Hobbit. Or any Indiana Jones..

😯
    Burn the witch!

seosamh77
    Free Member

it’s a very dull over rated film.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

njee20
    Free Member

Sorry CFH, the Melania Trump one is better.

Moses

For the film nerds, the opening scenes of flaring towers and skyscrapers are supposedly based on the view of Billingham’s ICI chemical works when Scott was commuting by bus between his home in Stockton and Hartlepool art college.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘I just realised I've never’ is closed to new replies.