Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I just ran a half Marathon with no training…
  • Tiger6791

…and I’m chuffed to bits.

Obviously I cycle but I don’t run. (I tried about 8 weeks ago, ran a few miles and was okay but haven’t since)

2hrs 6mins so not the fastest but I’m so happy I got round.

That is all 🙂

nickc

Cool, nice one. keep moving about otherwise your legs are going to be sore tomorrow. Good time too.

Tiger6791

sore tomorrow.

No need for tomorrow, can’t get up and down the steps and walking is proving more difficult than usual.

nickc

keep moving, really… 8)

go for a sloooooww jog, even…no seriously, stop laughing…

warton
    Free Member

i did it two years ago for the Great North Run. I did it in 1.45. You’re in for a world of pain over the next 4 days 🙁 I couldn’t get up out of my seat at work on the monday, honestly.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

well done,

I did the same as you but with a marathon, (stupidly). I didn’t really ache though, (strange because everyone said I would) It must depend on the person.

anyway congrats

Moe

Keep fluids up too!

Well done ……… <what a nutter! 😉 >

bigyinn
    Free Member

I share your pain. Doen the great south run twice now, with minimal training (less than 4 trainging runs) and I was still smoking. 1hr 37mins, which i was chiffed with.
    Legs still hurt lots for about 4 days after.
    Its surprisingly emotional when you get on the last mile, I think i blubbed a little at the end. Girl

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Good work!

I’m wobbly and stiff legged from a tri earlier. Expecting pain for a day or two.

matth75
    Free Member

Did 3 peaks walk in yorkshire last weekend, it’s surprising how much a marathon walk can hurt with no training so I feel your pain! I can only recommend LOTS of stretching. For about 4 days like wot Warton says!

MartinGT
    Free Member

WP

Youre going to have serious DOMS for two days at least. Youll be walking like youve shared a cell with George Michael

phiiiiil

I did the same a few years ago; I finished thinking “actually that wasn’t bad, I hardly ache at all” but by the time we’d got home I could barely walk. The next week was hell! The balls of my feet swelled up, my hips hurt, my thigh muscles were agony, any pressure on them at all – even just lying on my side in bed – aaaargh!

Running – it is a silly idea. I try to avoid it now. Until I was suckered into doing the Keswick to Barrow…

molgrips
    Free Member

If I run too far without training I pull things, and hurt things. First time I ran 5 miles or so for many years I seriously hurt my foot. Sharp pain for like a week.

igm

Git. I only managed a 10k without training – about 3 years ago. 54 minutes, but I couldn’t walk down stairs for a week.

Started running a little these days.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

started running the other day and found (probably like others here) my legs absolutely cannot take the stress but aerobically its no problem.

Im sort of planing to try and do a marathon as fast as possible. So far done two weeks of “training” but only just decided to try for it. Hope to start in earnest by the end of this week with a real pair of running shoes.

Tiger6791

Stairs this morning went…

ow!
    ow!
    ouuuu!
    ow!
    argghh!
    ow!
    ow!

and so on.

Cycled to work and that was fine completely though. Must be completely disparate muscles.

whytetrash

Good effort fella…I did that yrs ago, agreed to do the Chester half whilst a bit bevvied up….thought I’d get round to starting to run but never did!…new trainers were a bad move though…massive blisters and walking like john wayne for 4 days!…1.45 for me, found it ok purely on cycling fitness.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I just ran a half Marathon with no training…’ is closed to new replies.