Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • I just put my summer tyres on….
  • superfli
    Free Member

Have I cursed us all 😕

Well, its been pretty dry down south for a while now and the winter tyres have been on for 5months! Surrey Hills was lovely and dry yesterday (well a couple of puddles), I got all excited and blew the dust off the Crossmark and Fat Albert 😳
    I’m sorry all, let the backlash commence!

IA

Ahhh you muppet, it’ll warm up now and we’ll get constant rain for a month!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Not even close to thinking about that yet, the amount of standing water about is grim at the moment and the mud is a gloopy wheel sucking fest.

There are a few dry bits, but not enough to go ‘summer’, and now you’ve ensured 3 weeks of constant rain!

Stevelol
    Free Member

I was very happy for my mud x’s today in West Yorkshire!

badllama
    Free Member

Could have done with snow tyres in places today at Delamere 😯

hora
    Free Member

Im runnibg a tubeless ardent on the rear!

kentishman
    Free Member

Did the same this afternoon. It’s good for the soul to be an optimist.

superfli
    Free Member

Its just a ball ache with big mud tyres to ride 7miles on road to my local trails before they are of any use. Not so bad on my HT with 2.0 mudx, but my Datura on FS is a real drag. Its so nice to get a fast rolling rear back on.
    Fk it, if it turns grim again, I’ll just use the HT

oldnick

I find my s-works renegades surprisingly good in the s#it, whilst they offer sod all traction they barely hold onto any mud so you get 100% of sod all most of the time 🙂

Jeffus
    Free Member

😀 Put my summer tyres on 2 months ago , I was hoping for nice weather and an early spring 😀

Holyzeus
    Free Member

I switched to Dry lube yesterday, will i die?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When in the UK I never had seasonal tyres, minions 12 months of the year. Avoided riding ploughing and trudging through deep mud and went for the rocky stuff instead.

Now it’s just 12months of Ardents down here in Tassie

Onzadog
    Free Member

That bad around here that all I’ve been riding is 28mm conti gatorskinz.

martinhutch

I went round Gisburn on mine yesterday. A little sketchy in places…

handyandy
    Free Member

managed to crash on the exit of a tiny berm yesterday. Having swapped from my winter tyres to a NN up front, i wasnt expecting to lose grip so suddenly. Need to recalibrate my brain i think.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve been running Racing Ralphs on one bike and Small Block 8’s on another recently. Mainly as the mud is that bad on some routes I’ve avoided them completely so haven’t even bothered fitting the Dirty Dan’s.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I took my crud catchers off my HT today. Got a bit muddy but not too bad…. Bike looks lots better without them. I suspect they may be back on soon!

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I now set up tyres for year round, a good knobbly upfront that isn’t too sketchy on road or in mud, something a tad softer.. and something squarer and less frition e.g. a Larsen or similar (Kenda SMB8, Prowler XT/SS, etc) in the rear.. 2.3 knobbly up front, fat 2.25/2.3 and fast XC in the rear.

When I was Johnny X Country I never went bigger than a 1.95. Could never run those now. Far too uncomfortable.

superfli
    Free Member

Summer conditions for me today! Bike is as good as when I set off. Trails were so fast and grippy I lost track of time and got a b*llockin when I got home 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Went out today, by jingo it was fast and DRY. I even saw dust, no really!

BigJohn

I just went up in the roof of the garage to dig out a set of IRC Mud Mads. Cannock Chase yesterday was just about rideable in places. Thursday night with be a shitfest.

bland

You have different tyres for different seasons, posh buggers. Bet you all ride 5’s and drive Audis too!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Winter tyres : Summer tyres.

Not sure I get the difference. I ride the same all year round, you just get seasons where they work better 😉

bartimaeus
    Free Member

In the morning I’m swapping my winter mud tyres (which I have had on my bike close on a year now) for my three-seasons dry weather tyres. Almost no mud on my ride tonight, so I am ready to go faster!

Dales_rider
    Free Member

So its summer tyres for me today as well, going for Spesh fast traks, 40 miler planned for Sunday. Should be fun 🙂

fizzicist
    Free Member

Bonty XR4 all year round….

matt_outandabout

Bonty XR4 all year round….

aaaaaaye 8)

dantsw13

If you live in an area that gets really muddy in the winter and haven’t tried something like a Mud X on the rear, you would be amazed at the extra traction to be had!!

By the end of this week, the X kings will be going on the rear of both bikes I think!!

hora
    Free Member

Having just fitted a Ardent to a difficult bugger of a rim tubeless I’m in zero rush to refit a winter tyre!

dantsw13

Yes, tubeless does restrict the tyre changing urge!! I swap wheels instead now!!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I run Nobby Nics all year.

New set at the beginning of the Winter,Usually around October.Gives me fresh edges and knobbles.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘I just put my summer tyres on….’ is closed to new replies.