Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I just ordered a Cotic BFe having not ridden a HT in over five years
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Will I die?

I've been toying with the idea of getting back on a HT having spent 15 years up to 2004 riding various hard tails but then pretty rapdily getting hooked on full suss (and from there pretty rapidly into DH).

Now suddenly had the urge to put together a little hooligan play bike for winter riding and to relearn some long lost skills.

Now having placed the order today suddenly I am getting buyer's remorse. Will I die; will I hate it; will I ride like a girl with my skirt caught in my chain or will I simply have a lot of fun and end up a better, faster, smoother rider?

househusband

You'll love it, as long as you appreciate the BFe is hardcore in potential – and hardcore in ride. Not as svelte or sprightly as other frames, or the Soul in particular. If you're into DH on a hardtail, you'll be happy as larry.

scud
    Free Member

I had years on various Trek EX and Santa Cruz full sus. and decided that as winter mud and grit kept eating components to build up a cheap hard tail for winter.

Bought an old battered Cove Stiffee frame off the of ST forum, built it up with old components and and 140mm Pike fork and had a riot, no the weatherhas got better I am still riding it more than my full sus, i think it is old change is as good as a rest adage, plus it is a lot more simple, no engaging pro-pedal to go up the hills, locking the forks out on the fire roads, just ignore all that and ride it, great fun

big_scot_nanny

Away yah big jessie, you'll be fine!

I am in similar situation, a few rides in on the HT and it is deffo a different kettle of fish on long fast boneshaker runs, but apart from those it's a blast. Hell, even those are a blast as you remember old fully rigid skills.

Enjoy!

Kev

Vortexracing

They certainly are suitably named

BFe by name and BFe by nature.

I have a Soul which is considerably less stiff and harse

But with nice forks on it will be great.

seatpost choice is key according to Cy.

Thomsons are very harse. I use a I beam one.

BTW you will love it, especially when pointing down.

According to the STW test it was the fastest DH hardtail in the world.

So it can't be that bad

will I ride like a girl

I do but it didn't stop me buying one 🙂

cycleactive
    Free Member

first few rides your legs will forget that they need to bend with the trail – they'll be used to the first bit of every impact being taken up by the bike and initially all your normal responses to what's happening between your legs will go crazy.
    chris@cycleactive

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Chucky – what did Cy say about seatposts? You've got me intrigued

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I just ordered a Cotic BFe having not ridden a HT in over five years’ is closed to new replies.