Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I just love civil service job adverts!
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I mean WTF is this job description all about? •Extraction, transformation and analysis of data that identifies operation tasks for resolution.
    • Support for RPA people through data manipulation resulting in the production of information in a wide range of formats based upon business requirements and presentational choice.
    • Provision of an information service through interaction with data that supports business responses to the activities of external bodies; for example, a range of audit teams and that meets the obligations of Member States.
    • Provision of information that provides core business centric analysis delivered through examination and identification of suitable data within source systems in close liaison with subject experts.
    • Operational support realised through the provision of data and products that enable operational processing teams to target activity and track results on a case by case basis.

Needless to say, I don’t think I’ll bother.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Data/Business Analyst job.
    Where is it looks interesting. One of the better CS job ad’s I have seem

spudly1979
    Free Member

its like a bullshit bingo super round!

CountZero

I understood most of the actual words, it’s just that the order they’ve been placed in renders them meaningless. 😕

MrGreedy

Don’t know what RPA people are (like Voodoo people maybe?) but the rest vaguely makes sense, albeit a bit jargon heavy. If they’ve done a good job, the intended audience will get it, but potential timewasters won’t.

kimbers

id refer them to these people

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/

Northwind

No different to some private sector job ads I’ve seen. It might just be badly done, or, it might be designed to exclude/deter applicants that don’t already know what it all means.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

if you don’t understand, it’s probably not your job. why would you plain english an advert to get 3000 irrelevent applications. 3000 people will now spend their time well, possibly on their bikes, and not filling out applications that will go straight in the bin. It’s philanthropy on a subtle level.

cheez0
    Free Member

essel..

remember your audience demographic!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just love civil service job adverts People who cut chunks out of stuff to try and make them look more confusing that they are!
    RPA Rural Payments Agency
    and it’s an internal vacancy so not meant to be viewed outside

*RPA* Operational Analyst and Database Manager – HEO – open to all civil service employees on level transfer.

Operational Analyst and Database Manager – HEO – open to all civil service employees on level transfer.

This vacancy is open to all employees on level transfer who were appointed to the Civil Service on merit following a fair and open competition, or were appointed to a permanent Civil Service post in accordance with an exception certified by the Civil Service Commissioners

PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER:

1. RPA People on level (Priority will be given to surplus people)
    2. DEFRA People on level (Priority will be given to surplus people)
    3. Wider Civil Service on level (Priority will be given to surplus people

Job Reference: 1271646

Expected duration of the post:
    Permanent
    Full Time

Reporting to:
    Chris Enon

Responsible for:
    Potential for management of 1 or more EOs.

Main Purpose of job and key tasks
    The P+P Directorate supports RPA core operational and business wide functions through a range of activities delivered across RPA. A vacancy is present within our unit located in Northallerton. The unit interacts directly with data and information to support RPA managers and people deliver customer outcomes and to understand aspects of service delivery . Activity includes, for example:
    Extraction, transformation and analysis of data that identifies operation tasks for resolution.
    Support for RPA people through data manipulation resulting in the production of information in a wide range of formats based upon business requirements and presentational choice.
    Provision of an information service through interaction with data that supports business responses to the activities of external bodies; for example, a range of audit teams and that meets the obligations of Member States.
    Provision of information that provides core business centric analysis delivered through examination and identification of suitable data within source systems in close liaison with subject experts.
    Operational support realised through the provision of data and products that enable operational processing teams to target activity and track results on a case by case basis.

The post supports each of these activities through direct interaction with RPA people, Suppliers and the large data sets that underly operational delivery.

The post has the potential for management of 1 or more EOs.

The unit is currently undergoing a period of change and the activities undertaken will be assessed for delivery through alternative technology solutions provided for use by team. Applicants will need to demonstrate technical competencies developed through interactions with large volumes of data, extraction, analysis and manipulation using a range of products and tools.

Essential criteria
    Excellent data management skills developed through utilisation of a range of tools in the context of large enterprise level data sets and complex business logic. Including:
    Advanced working knowledge of MS Access, MS Excel and SQL scripting.
    Exposure to Oracle databases, interactions at table level including data interrogation, extraction and data loading.
    Exposure to aspects of Oracle Business Intelligence software at one or more stages of development lifecycle; specifically, Informatica, ETL routines, RPD design and development, design and creation of user products within Dashboards and Answers.Or exposure to comparable enterprise level solutions; for example, implementation of Business Objects solutions.
    A working knowledge of Visual Basic and proficient user of MS PowerPoint.

Excellent analytical skills demonstrated by an ability to:
    Absorb a variety of information, seek out, identify and propose solutions.
    Apply process and system knowledge to support the construction of business rules.
    Application of business logic to data gathering.
    Present complicated results in a readily accessible form.

Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment demonstrating:
    Team working skills with associated knowledge and skills sharing.
    Delivered through well developed verbal and written communication skills sets employed to realise high levels of customer support during data and MI development lifecycles.
    Work successfully across functional boundaries including within project environments with components of Supplier engagement.

Experience of working within project environments, and upon own initiative, to timetables, deadlines; demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.

peterfile
    Free Member

ahahahaha busted!

wwaswas

‘surplus people’ sounds a bit Logan’s Run.

djglover
    Free Member

Even without the additional info, most of it made sense to me. Sounds like the recruiting manager has a good idea of the kind of person he wants and its obviously not the OP!

boxfish
    Free Member

OP failed the sift.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I just love civil service job adverts!’ is closed to new replies.