Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I just dont know what tyres to get !!!!!
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all,

im having a real dilemma choosing a set of tyres for my enduro .

my bike is a 2005 enduro 150mm travel.

currently running hutchinson octopus 2.5 ust tyres which weigh 1.4 kgs each!!
    now they are fantastic going downhill but singletrack or uphill isnt half a drag and they make the bike weigh a ton aswell!!

Ideally i would like something fast rolling , fairly light and able to take a bashing around!!(moon on a stick!)

i have ust rims aswell if this makes a difference, prob not!

so far the tyres i have tried on various bikes are as follows……….

maxxis .

minion front and a highroller on the back both 2.35 o an inbred 456, nice tyres but very draggy .

kenda .
    small block8 .. good summer tyre and fast rolling but im not sure about using it at this time of year??

panaracer…

rampage..2.35 good tyre but i found it slipped to often on hardpack so not sure it would be any good in the wyre forest mud fest!!

cinders, nice tyres but draggy! and didnt inspire confidence in the wet

fire xc 2.1 … one of the best tyres ive had but probably to narrow for a long travel bike??

specialized..

enduro 2.3… my fav tyre but comes up mahoosive for a 2.3, very draggy

resolution, as above.

fast trak , nice tyre but old now.

what would people recommend to put n a long travel full susser then for use in the mud , big volume and not draggy and also reasonably light!!!

cheers

steve

Pieface

From what I hear 2.35 high rollers are a good compromise

You've certainly tried more tyres than me!

You've partly hit the nail on the head, where I ride there's so much variety between mud / rocks that no one tyre excels. The only tyre i never really got on with were Continental vapours or Michelin AMs – they kept slipping on the rim ripping out the valves on inner tubes

Northwind

No such thing as what you're after, I'd say, Racing Ralph might be closest? Or Highrollers or Nevegals but neither is fast, they do everything else pretty well though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘I just dont know what tyres to get !!!!!’ is closed to new replies.