• This topic has 33 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • I is niche now? Indy Fab Ti delux rigid 69'er SS with Jones H-Bar!
  • psychle
    Free Member

Try saying that 5 times quickly 🙄

Almost finished (again and finally!), just need to get the brakes connected (being HEL lines they need to have the swages crimped with a vice, which I don't have 🙁 ) and waiting on a half-link chain to make it easier to setup (using a Forward Components EBB to run as a SS).

Have taken her out for a 'spin' as is though, rolling down gentle hills etc and all feels good, handling is fine (though maybe a little 'slow' at the front, presumably an effect of the big wheel on any bike?), rolls over bumps nicely etc… Liking the feel of the H-bars, first time user so will take a bit to get used too I suspect! Looking forward to trying her out offroad soon, LBS is finishing things off for me next Thursday, the wait is annoying but can't be avoided 🙁

So am I an attention seeking niche monger now? 😆

al_f
    Free Member

Sorry. 😉

donks
    Free Member

Just out of interest how much was the forward components EBB?

Del

meh. ten a penny at all the events i've been to in the forest of dean this year.
    and you've paint on the patio.

wwaswas

3 posts and no one's mentioned the tyre/valve alignment?

stw isn't what it used to be…

psychle
    Free Member

Just out of interest how much was the forward components EBB?

worked out to be around £125 delivered I think? Bought it last year when the pound was a little stronger though… they're USD$167.50 inc postage and the MTB spacers, so £114 + VAT & duty if you get hit (which I was 😡 )

psychle
    Free Member

3 posts and no one's mentioned the tyre/valve alignment?

Or the completely mismatched rims for that matter 😆 Shall sort out the tyre/valve alignment once it's all together, promise 8)

neil853
    Free Member

I really don't get that bike at all 🙄

Talkemada
    Free Member

Jesus H Croydon; how many bikes have you got now??? 😯

Very nice. I've got a spare 26" wheel here that you obviously need. It will stop you getting laughed at in the street.

psychle
    Free Member

I really don't get that bike at all

The 69'er bit is just an experiment, will probably swap the front out for an On-One rigid carbon fork I also happen to have 'lying around'

singlespeedstu

You might find the H Bar works better with the rear pointing down a bit more.

psychle
    Free Member

You might find the H Bar works better with the rear pointing down a bit more.

Cheers for the advice, have never used one before and haven't really tried it out yet, current position is just a 'what looked right to me' starting point.

messiah
    Free Member

Is there a bike hiding under all that nicheness?

singlespeedstu

have never used one before and haven't really tried it out yet, current position is just a 'what looked right to me' starting point.

Try this kind of position to start with. Then fine tune from there.

psychle
    Free Member

Is there a bike hiding under all that nicheness?

maybe… though some will claim that is indeed not a bike, just an attention whore's desperate cry of 'look at me, look at me!' 😆

I like it though, it's interesting and different, which is no bad thing? If it doesn't ride well in it's 69'er guise then it'll be an excellent 26" rigid hardtail anyway! Or… maybe I'll try 650B? 😕

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

A 650B in the front at least would quicken it up a bit 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Why?

duntstick
    Free Member

HTTP404
    Free Member

sorry to say – the big wheel upfront actually makes it look quite shi'ite.

Raouligan
    Free Member

Wow my Steel Deluxe doesn't look that weird with the 29er front wheel in the front, steers just the same as with a 100mm fork pretty much as well.

psychle
    Free Member

Wow my Steel Deluxe doesn't look that weird with the 29er front wheel in the front, steers just the same as with a 100mm fork pretty much as well.

Using a Singular 69'er specific fork, which pushes the rake out a fair bit? Will also try the 69'er option with the On-one carbon fork, but a little worried about 'toe-overlap'

Agree that it looks a bit odd with the current setup, though this isn't helped by the tiny 1.95 rear tyre, might look better once I get a Maxxis Ardent on there… Also, the photo makes it look more odd than it is in the flesh, I swear 😆

swallow
    Free Member

out of interest, what's the clearance like between front tyre and shoe?

epicsteve
    Free Member

That'd look fantastic with a 26" wheel up-front and normal bars.

psychle
    Free Member

That'd look fantastic with a 26" wheel up-front and normal bars.

May just end up that way, fear not…

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

What a bunch of group-think misery guts in here.

Who cares if it looks a bit weird? – it's the ride that matters.

69ers are a "valid" design choice afterall

Would I have one? No. 😆 But that's because I've ridden a few and find the front end too high.

Beautiful frame though, if I were you I'd look at putting on some ENO cranks and a black Vicious (or Kelly) fork … A brown Ti brooks would complete the look 😳

sheldona
    Free Member

650b wouldn't fit in the rear of an IF, well mine don't fit in the rear of my 26er steel deluxe anyhoo.

69er
    Free Member

You're not niche you're just trying hard…. 😉

my 69er project is just comming to fruition, I'll post pics for a slagging soon 😀

Olly
    Free Member

carlphillips
    Free Member

i wonder what it'll be like in the air?
    i think it looks ok but having never ridden any weirdy beardy bikes (bar my own ss) i always think how it'll (read any big wheeled weirdness) cope with launches/jumps general trail thrashing duties?
    not slagging but genuinely interested in how big wheels feel on the trail

sofaking
    Free Member

i think it looked better in the picture the other day

and yes IFs are common as muck now
    and you wouldnt catch me riding one

Raouligan
    Free Member

I'm running White Brothers Rock Solids on mine have a little toe clip overlap but not a great deal, I'll try and find a link to a piccy, rides great though ace for rocky trails ;0)

singlespeedstu

and yes IFs are common as muck now
    and you wouldnt catch me riding one

Fake IF's are muchmorenicherer aren't they?

sofaking
    Free Member

Fake IF's are muchmorenicherer aren't they?

maybe i ought to try a real one next time 👿

Kuco

If you hate that Indy frame that much to turn it into that monstrosity give it to me 😉

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘I is niche now? Indy Fab Ti delux rigid 69'er SS with Jones H-Bar!’ is closed to new replies.