Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • I haven't seen the light, but that was fun – God content.
  • RustySpanner

Just back from church.

Took a client to her place of worship in Bolton – what a top do.
    About 50 Zimbabweans going absolutely batshit and thoroughly enjoying themselves – a seven piece female choir, speaking in tongues, a couple of very small (under ten) kids playing the drums and keyboards and lots of very happy people.

I was made to feel most welcome, nobody tried to save me and there were Hob Nobs afterwards.
    🙂

It reminded me very much of the church scene in the Blues Brothers but with added ululation.
    Pastor Ronnie does an excellent James Brown shuffle, complete with theatrics and everyone seemed to have a HELL of a good time.

Bit of a shock to a ex Catholic atheist like myself – no one tried to make me feel guilty and the sermon was hilarious.

Best gig for ages, got paid for it too.
    😀

chewkw
    Free Member

You are converted then?

😆

yunki
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1uZj7OujvU[/video]

kimbers

Chocolate Hob Nobs?

hora
    Free Member

I don’t believe in organised religion (where man says ‘he’s telling you X & Y) but when I see and experience believers it truly uplifts me and makes me really content.

nbt

I prefer a metal church to a Drum ‘n’ Bass church

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF-10c261Vw[/video]

neilthewheel

A metal church, yesterday.

wwaswas

Like a cold war submarine breaking through the arctic ice.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

nbt – that is brilliant!

jekkyl

hallelujah! – don’t be afraid when the time comes!

Trimix
    Free Member

I went to a kids party once where Santa turned up – they too were excited and they all seemed to really love the whole experience.

They even believed in Santa.

slowoldman

Hobnobs? Nah, but if they start handing out cake I’m in.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Were there any other adults there?

pondo

We got to church from time to time, nothing like Rusty’s (although if we had a church like that near, I’d go every week :)) and we’re not religious, we just like it, it gives me a sense of serenity and it gives out some good messages.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Generally when theres a theme and a whole load of people who are into that kinda theme are together in one place you do feel a sense of “oneness” and “togetherness” and “inclusion” whether you believe in the theme or not.

Glad you had a great time though, seeing other cultures broadens the spirit.

Will you go back, or as your comment above mentioned, only if you get paid for it?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That made me smile. Music can be a very powerful thing, especially when it frees us from our inhibitions?

nbt

For the day of the lord cometh, as a thief – in the night!

RustySpanner

hora – Member

I don’t believe in organised religion (where man says ‘he’s telling you X & Y) but when I see and experience believers it truly uplifts me and makes me really content.

I’ve been an atheist since being a kid, but love huge, positive shared experiences.
    Quaker meetings get me the same way, as did a trip to Lourdes.
    Love a good choir service too and poking around old churches etc.

Through my job, I’ve met some absolutely horrible, manipulative, people who use religion as a means to exploit the vulnerable.
    This one seemed pretty much the opposite.
    Good gigs, bad gigs.

Trimix – Member

I went to a kids party once where Santa turned up – they too were excited and they all seemed to really love the whole experience.

They even believed in Santa.

Did you enjoy it too?
    I love Christmas, as do most non Christians I know.
    I reckon I’ll be able to have fun without having to analyse it too much.

bikebouy – Member

Will you go back, or as your comment above mentioned, only if you get paid for it?
    Good question.
    🙂

I’d take a friend if they wanted to go and needed assistance, but not on my own.
    I don’t need the religious element.

hora
    Free Member

Evening. Good gigs and bad gigs.. True.

At Infant school assembly I refused to sing hymns. A compromise was reached where I would mouth the words.

I believe in something. Most definitely and someone’s exuberance and belief in their faith can lift and connect me.

It’s not written in a book with aboundant miracles somehow no but we are told ‘use your faith that they did once happen’…

If the Pope communicates with God why doesn’t the church know or identify …those evil Priests?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

pondo – Member
    We got to church from time to time, nothing like Rusty’s (although if we had a church like that near, I’d go every week :)) and we’re not religious, we just like it, it gives me a sense of serenity and it gives out some good messages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si_21P1wxqc

Sorry Pondo couldnt resist that one 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘I haven't seen the light, but that was fun – God content.’ is closed to new replies.