Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • I have to go to reflex for a friends birthday. How to get through the night?
  • captaindanger

In soho. I hate soho. I hate reflex. Help.

Option 1 get so drunk I don’t care and “enjoy” myself. No biking tomorrow
    2. Go for half an hour the.n go home. Bike tomorrow
    3. Come up with a really good excuse. I did that last year too.
    ?

HansRey

ha ha ha. Go to the red deer instead and see my friend’s band play. Pocket Satellite

RealMan
    Free Member

Reflex is awesome, but Saturday it will be full of old fat people. Get plastered.

mboy
    Free Member

I feel your pain

Personally, go meet him/them for a drink or 2 wherever they are going before Reflex, then when they want to go in, you make your excuses and slip off home…

I got dragged into a Reflex once, I swear NEVER EVER again…

Merak

Get plastered.

Is absolutely the best advice you will get should you choose to accept your mission. Go with the flow I say.

_tom_
    Free Member

Reflex is good fun afaik, just get pissed and enjoy it you miserable shite 😛

captaindanger

By afaik, are you confessing to have never been? It’s not fun, but I am a miserable shite.

anotherstan
    Free Member

just for those of us that have (and continue to) live a sheltered life, wtf is ‘reflex’ 😳

captaindanger

An 80s themed bar/disco chain. It’s similar to what I imagine hell to be like, only hotter and sweatier.

tazzymtb

reflex is a “themed” 80’s venue but without any of the decent music or subcultures. Imagine a night listening to chesney hawkes, ric astley and all sorts of ghastly disco filth that was crap the first time round. but with a load of kids in it who were too young/not born in the 80’s trying ever so hard to be “0n-trend”

Captaindanger, have you thought that tapdancing on hot coals whilst fellating a baboon with dubious personal hygiene and inserting a red hot poker up your jaxi may be more entertaining?

captaindanger

And more expensive

psychle
    Free Member

nah, this is London, that sort of thing is cheap compared to buying a drink in that there Reflex place…

captaindanger

Exactly what I WAS thinking!

Someone must have a better idea?

john_drummer
    Free Member

An 80s themed bar_disco chain

I think I managed to avoid that kind of thing even IN the 80s 😉

The Phono in Leeds was where it was “at” back then, and by virtue of being 10 miles away I managed never to go there…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah I reckon hiring/buying a baboon would be quite costly. Then there’s insurance/vet’s bills etc.

captaindanger

I meant reflex more expensive than hell, but posted it too late!
    This has wasted 20mins so far, are the tubes running? I hope not

DT78
    Free Member

Last time I ended up in reflex (on xmas eve…) I ended up buying lots and lots of sambucas to make it bearable. Not a cheap night, but funny when the missus best friend text me on xmas day saying she couldn’t face her roast dinner 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

Get hammered, go round the corner, get bum-hammered, come back to appreciate the cultured ones.

5AM
    Free Member

I feel your pain, I hate it there.
    Go in, stay and hour or so at get out early so you can take the bike out tomorrow.
    That way it doesn’t have to affect your whole weekend too much.

nuke

I’ve been to the one in Croydon but I can’t (…and don’t want to) recall much more than that.

captaindanger

Oh god, it’s fancy dress too. I didn’t even know.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Oh god, it’s fancy dress too. I didn’t even know.

go dressed wearing flip flops and tatty shorts, get denied entry, have to go home because you are not urban enough. bike tomorrow.

or if that doesn’t work:
    forget to take out cash, ‘conveniently’ go get cash out the machine while mates go inside, talk to them tomorrow about how great the night was but you can’t remember what happened ‘cos you were too rapped. photoshop some pictures of friends in nightclub (drunk photos are always blurred/ out of focus so just use some old ones). problem solved

can you tell i have done this before?

captaindanger

Dfs, that is an excellent idea. I’ll get some photos of myself “in front of” reflex now.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I don’t know if it still there, but there was a little club just off Oxford Street called The Office. They played 80s and 90s, but it was just like being at uni again, playing indie pop and all the stuff played at student nights. I know it probably isnt an option, but lets face it, it is hardly the worst thing in the world ay?!

nasher
    Free Member

There is a gay nightclub called reflex in kingston upon thames

go there instead?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘I have to go to reflex for a friends birthday. How to get through the night?’ is closed to new replies.