Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • I have just ridden a 26" hardtail. I am in love.
  • mactheknife

Built up with old parts kicking about and a Chromag Samurai frame i got off a mate.

Brilliant fun for this time of year. Not bothering about cleaning it or whatever.

Plus it really is a blast to ride. 😀

flashes
    Free Member

Free / ridiculously cheap bikes are often the best……………….

mcnultycop

Lovely pic, no muddy clothes though…?

fasthaggis

That’s no the Sidlaws 😉

honourablegeorge

Very drawn to Chromag frames myself…

kayla1
    Free Member

HTs rock for quick ‘n dirty fun 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m in the process of gathering bits for a Curtis S1 build (still debating whether to put gears out back and go 1×10) – 26″ with decent sized rubber, rigid carbon forks and big wide bars. Can’t wait to go sloshing around in the mud with it.

wwaswas

I run my 26″ Curtis SS – try that first 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

I can’t wait for the rigid forks I ordered to arrive, then I can go full on poverty-spec, hair-shirt, self-flagellation misery-max (™ and © me, 2016- Trek, Specialized and GT before any of you get any ideas of bringing in a new standard or genre- 20″ road skinnycore+* anyone?) on my SS 26″ BFe.

* BMX tyres.

matt_outandabout

What took you so long?

26 never died in oab_household.

That pic looks really familiar….North Lomond?

mactheknife

Matt, i’m sure its Rotmell loch out the back of Dunkeld.

Aye i have always just powered through the winter on my full suss. I thought i would change tack this year. Not the worst idea i have ever had 🙂

nc21

I’ve had my 26″ Genesis Latitude out twice in the last fortnight- angles may be wrong, Reba fork dated, no dropper but had a couple of great rides

jambalaya
    Free Member

Great photo. Yes 26″ HT’s are great, FS too as a matter of fact.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I’m going to resurrect my 2006 Orange Gringo in the new year. Putting rigid forks on it and using it for less serious riding.

JAG

I’m going to resurrect my 2006 Orange Gringo in the new year. Putting rigid forks on it and using it for less serious riding

Replace “2006 Orange Gringo” with “2008 Cotic BFe” and I’m doing exactly the same 8)

wl
    Free Member

Soz for hijack – I’m flogging a very nice and fairly rare medium (16″) Orange Sub Zero frame – lovely ‘hardcore’ hardtail frame, suits 150-160mm forks. £100 (cash please, collect from Hebden Bridge) with a few bits chucked in. Email in profile if anyone’s interested.

Kryton57

I’m most likely taking my 26 HT (Enigma Ego) out tomorrow. I’m sure it’ll be fun!

cookeaa

I kind of know a 27.5/27+/29/29+er HT of some sort is somewhere in my future, I have already started eyeing various bikes up, it can’t be helped…

But then I ride my ancient 456SS again, and consider the various costs (of what would be pretty much a whole new bike), plus the current proliferation of hub/axle standards that really needs to settle down, and you know what? That old nag is still lots of fun, owes me nothing, and will still do just fine for another 18-24 months, if not longer…

MoreCashThanDash

Took my straight steerer headtubed, non dropper Mk1 26″ wheeled Soul for a spin yesterday and couldn’t see the point of anything else.

Then I saw a guy on what looked like a 29er Cromag…..

ianpv
    Free Member

Just built up a very unfashionable kona kula with a 100mm fork. It’s really nice to ride – only concession to modernity is a short stem and wide bar.

stevio

been riding my Orange R8 recently and its just a nice bike to ride. There; ride a bike whatever size it’s wheels are and have a merry Christmas.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

rubbish they are really hard work unless it’s a pump track

jambalaya
    Free Member

26″ bike and festive snow. April 2012, Mam Tor, bike still going strong rider less so 😐

JohnnyPanic

Every winter I build up my mk2 Soul, haven’t done it yet, need to get cracking…

aejock
    Free Member

Been playing on my ’15 Pig recently, the Altitude needs some Tlc. Also take my ’05 Kona Dawg out occasionally. New Year projects include a Trek Y22 and RM ht 🙂

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Bout 2 bi sum nu 26″ weels I shit u nut.

takisawa2

Throughout my mtb history the one thing I’ve always fallen back to is a rigid steel singlespeed. A lot of kit has come & gone but a hatdtail is the one bike I’d never be without. Of late, plus wheels & tyres have increased the grin factor, (& bone-jarr factor for my aching bones).

Kryton57

Lovely 26er ride this morning…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QkDdcz]Untitled[/url]

newrobdob
    Free Member

rubbish they are really hard work unless it’s a pump track

So YOU’RE the person all the marketing people love so much!

Sucker!!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘I have just ridden a 26" hardtail. I am in love.’ is closed to new replies.