Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • i have just moved to Finland, and I'm looking for riding buddies
  • HansRey

Hi,

I’ve just moved to central Helsinki, and I’m looking for some riding buddies here, to see more of the nature whilst the sun is holidaying here.

I have my AM beast with me, so a gentle pace 🙂

So, if you’re in Finland send me an email or post-up

Rich

dazz69
    Free Member

Hi great part of the world my girl friend is from Finland and I spent 2 years flying to Helsinki every other weekend. I am flying out next tuesday but going up to the north to see her parents.

What part of Helsinki are you living, my GF lived on the Island in the Harbour behind the Russian church( the one with the gold domes)

Enjoy your time out there its a great city and the people are really friendly.

Martin.B
    Free Member

I married a Finn, great people and culture.
    Not managed to bike yet but should be good given the terrain and landscape
    SS would be a good choice

dazz69
    Free Member

I am marrying my Finn next year in Tuscany. Very flat out there so no hill climbing.

mmannerr

Welcome to Helsinki! I’m local but out of town for couple of weeks (in the north – yay 8) ) but I can help you later if needed.
    You can contact the biggest local club: http://www.mtbcf.net/v3/page.php?16 (in English) or you can probably get registration to biggest forum at http://www.fillarifoorumi.fi/forum/ and under “Yhteislenkit” seek for riding partners.

There are no real mountains here but quite a bit of trails and singletrack is available just a km or two north from the main railway station (“central park”) and there is lots of backcountry riding all around the country. The riding in the Helsinki Central Park can be quite rooty and rocky so many are riding AM/Trail beasts here even if there are no big downhills.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m dead jealous of you all. Nuuksio is beautiful…

HansRey

hi, i’m in kruununhaka for the time being, but moving to lauttasaari in the winter. Still looking for some riding buddies too, i know it’s quite flat here.

Are there any Dirt jumps here? I know of some ‘park’ stuff in suvilahti, but with the festivals it’s not a reliable place to go to.

Molgrips, come to finland and be a guide if you like. I can repay in beers, which you know is worth the flight! (The price that is… not the quality!)

HansRey

and mmannerr it would be great to meet up, whilst the weather is OK atleast. Let me know if (and when) you’d want to go for a ride

mmannerr

I’ve been way too busy with everything else but if I’m guessing your username right on local forums you have already been introduced to local scene pretty well, at least todays 4K ride. 😀

edit: just noticed your other thread, thumbs up.

HansRey

mmannerr, yeah, today was great! On filliari forum, i’m ritzieritz. If you were in my group, i was the guy on a marin quake, which is built from the cores of stars and lead, and other heavy things 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘i have just moved to Finland, and I'm looking for riding buddies’ is closed to new replies.