Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I have a thief in my garage.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s taking the air out of the back tyre of the road bike. Hadn’t used it for ages so both tyres were well down, pumped them up to 100, did a ride & next day the rear one was soft, took tube out & pumped it up fairly big & put it in the sink with water in. Nothing. Put tube back in tyre (checked tyre) & blew it back up to 100psi. This morning it’s soft again so I put 100 back in, took the wheel out, filled the bath with enough water to cover all the valve stem & nipples & checked it that way. Nothing. Not one single bubble from anywhere.
    So, what’s going on?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

change the tube and expel that ghost tube 😆

mickolas
    Free Member

I’ve had this. Sometimes just happens once (rarely). Usually turns out to be a shy puncture that didn’t want to reveal itself.

Maybe remove the valve core and check/slightly lube the seal?

oldnpastit

It’s aliens. Their own planet is dying after thousands of years of industrialization. The air is polluted, poisonous, and taxed. Fresh air is so ruinously expensive it’s out of reach of ordinary lizards, who have to get by on recycled.

So there’s a booming trade in air-smuggling. The smugglers come here in fast, stripped-down interstellar craft, using illegal cloaking devices to evade the customs and excise, and steal air from places that won’t attract too much attention. Our governments are all well aware of what’s going on, but are saying nothing. A combination of kickbacks and fear sees to that.

This time the smugglers got sloppy. Just be grateful you weren’t around when they took it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

😀

scaredypants

😯

sounds a bit like a UKIP advert – should we tighten our interstellar border control ?

large418
    Free Member

Check the valve

AD

Do what I do and just pump it up and go for a long ride. At the furthest point from home in the rain it’ll definitely make a reappearance and you’ll then have to put in a new tube…

Or you could just admit defeat now and put in a new tube 🙂

project
    Free Member

Had same thing last week, twas a leaking tube where the valve stem enters the tube, pump tyre up and wigle valve around under water, you should now see air bubbles…..

To allieviate this make a small patch from a discarded tube about 2 inches square, hole in centre, place over valve stem, and fit into rim, stops the valve stem rubbing against the inside of rim tape, also dont tighten up litle washer on valve stem to much.

dannyh
    Free Member

Tiny, tiny puncture?

I’ve got a tube to patch that will hold air up to a certain point, but has the tiniest pinprick hole in it. It took bloody ages to find the thorn in the tyre as well.

coatesy
    Free Member

Saw the thread title and thought you may have had a similar problem to the one I had years ago, bought an RS2000, and suffered from vanishing spanners, sockets, screwdrivers etc, all later turning up under the bonnet. Had me puzzled for ages, then I suddenly realised the obvious-i’d bought a car with a tool-eater engine. IGMC.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Check the valve

I did, when it went in the bath!

Tiny, tiny puncture?

But It’s big enough to lose 50psi overnight!
    New tube 2 morrow.

scunny
    Free Member

Too much effort for £2.99. Change the tube.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Too much effort for £2.99. Change the tube.

It’s not the money Scunny 😆

It’s the ‘not knowing’!

MoreCashThanDash

Has anyone seen oldnpastit and David Icke in the same room at the same time?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Wife!

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

is the dust cap touching the crappy little presta valve thingy and causing it to lose air.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I have a thief in my garage.’ is closed to new replies.