Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I have a problem….
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

…with my Brompton.

The pivot bearing is a creaking mess. When I say ‘creaking’, I mean CREAKING, as in more than Hora’s overloaded mankini draw.

The noise I can stop with liberal application of lubricant, but the bearing (such that it is)won’t come out. The bolt on the non drive side comes out fine, but the drive side won’t. When I turn the bolt the whole bearing (well, bushing really) spins in the housing with the bolt. I can’t slide it out with the bolt, ‘cos the rear triangle would need to come off first and that’s fixed to the bolt/bushing.

Any ideas for getting the bolt out, serious and dubious suggestions welcome!

binners

The answer to all bicycle maintenance problems…..

lorax

Does this help? OR this?

Where are you based? I’m in Oxford and would take it to Warlands on Botley Road (my excellent LBS), who must sell and service at least as many Bromptons as anyone else in the country.

brakes
    Free Member

it’s a Brompton, that fact that it creaks is the least of your worries.

scaredypants

you need to activate the bencooper batlight

wwaswas

drill the head off the bolt so you can remove the swingarm and drift the whole bushing out with the remains of the bolt in it?

JonEdwards
    Free Member

There’s not a hex inside the axle so you can stick an allen key down it to hold the axle still while you undo the bolt?

That’s usually how such things work…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I have a problem….’ is closed to new replies.