Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I hate selling my bikes!
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

I wish I didn't have to, or that my instinct to magpie them could be turned off. Just metal and rubber after all….right?

coogan
    Free Member

Just metal and rubber after all….right?

Yep. Just a bunch of tubes and welding.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Some bikes are so much more, and those are the ones you shouldn't sell (imho).

coogan
    Free Member

Nope, just tubes and welding. I almost made the mistake of keeping a frame just cos it'd been my fav bike… then realised how much of a twonk I was being and flogged it.

higthepig
    Free Member

Can't bring myself to do it, you never know when you might need it, that's why I have loads of crap lying about I suppose.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I don't really need one of mine anymore but I don't wanna sell it 😆

oldgrump08
    Free Member

I'm doing just that at the moment – and I feel like I'm selling my soul. yeah I know I'm a tw*t.

I'm consoling myself with the thought that a) I've got two bikes left and b) proceeds will go towards a Triumph 🙂

stuey
    Free Member

Rather than sale -I've 'lent' some of mine to family/good friends – at least they're getting used and I still technically own them. I can also visit them and ride without having to lug my current ride half way across the UK.

taka
    Free Member

i cant stop selling them its more addicting than drugs…

geoffj

I hate selling my bikes!

It doesn't look as if you are TBH 😉

AndyRT
    Free Member

I am not enjoying it. Worried that the new owners won't treat them like I do.

It took a lot of time and energy to put them together, but I can't deny I don't use them enough.

And now I have a new wish list, which oddly enough is based on a Triumph kitty. I am obviously right in the middle of my mid life crisis!

njee20
    Free Member

I very rarely keep an MTB for longer than a year, makes them easy to flog! My decent road bike is now 5 years old though, so not worth much, and I can't see me selling that lightly!

coogan
    Free Member

Jeez, get a grip. Its just a bike.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Coogan, you are mercenary! But I get your point.

Northwind

If it really bothers you, sell all the bits, keep the frames- that's where the bike's soul lives after all.

theboatman
    Free Member

It's a bit much to hope their new owners don't ride them much either.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I hate selling my bikes!’ is closed to new replies.