Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • I hate Halfords even more now.
  • totalshell

businesses are that charities are that the shops closed on the high street did for a reason. we have a clear chargeing structure ( heating engineers) we come we look we offer advice for nowt we open the tool box thats £45 ( first hours labour) most jobs done for under £50 virtually all plumbing repairs done for less tha £100 parts and labour. by been clear i chargeing everyone the same everyone knows what to expect including the boys who work for me ie they ll get paid every fourth thursday

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Halfrauds are $hite.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The work cost you two pounds, Halfords charged you £8 insurance in case the job either grew arms and legs or ruined your frame.

LycraLout
    Free Member

It can’t just be me who’s confused by this.
    You can’t do the job yourself
    You go to someone who can and ask for a price for them to do the job.
    They quote price.
    You accept price.
    Job gets done – to your satisfaction?

And you hate them for doing it?

The STW barrel is pretty deep, well done for scraping the bottom of it.

And, BTW, I’d stay clear of plumbers if I was you.

supertramp
    Free Member

I think their price isn’t just for the job.

what if the man had said “here i’ll do it for a couple of quid mate”, then wrecked your frame? would you have walked away? or claimed on their insurance?

I still think a tenner is a bluddy rip off though!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

The tenner is for a man, with the tool, in a room, with light and heat, open for 12 hours a day, for your walk in walk out convenience, who is insured incase he does harm or damage to you. He has to have change, a machine for accpeting your cards, provide a warranty on repair, and account for VAT and any other relevant taxes, as well as sundires like the squirt of wd40 it needed.

Its not a case of “just getting the right bolt”, its all the above.

The fact is any car repairer will have a minimum charging time, of 15m, even if it is just to fill a washer bottle or something, yet you dont “hate” Volkswagen”. And VW charge up to £200 per hour in southern city locations. A tenner is nothing. Its not even 3 beers, and about half an hour on the minimum wage.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Halfrauds are $hite.

And so are statements like that. Means nowt. Apart from that there’s a good chance you’re a snob.

LycraLout
    Free Member

mimimum wage is £20/hr? 😯

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Halfords are far from shite nowadays, the one near me is pretty damn good for most bike parts (full rrp though), well stocked and the staff are very friendly, plus I can get (in stock) Thule roof rack bits and bobs and as I discovered today everything I need to tart up a weathered carbon frame.

Try getting all that at your LBS.

scraprider
    Free Member

buy a tool and do it you self . 10 squids not that much ffs

alex222
    Free Member

what solver to do an FEM study on threads stripping from a frame then nicko? 😆

ps you coming to longnor then?

user-removed
    Free Member

Whilst I applaud the OP for his admission of error, and whilst I also think he’s had enough of a written beating…..,

Jujuuk68 – Member
    The tenner is for a man, with the tool, in a room, with light and heat, open for 12 hours a day, for your walk in walk out convenience, who is insured incase he does harm or damage to you. He has to have change, a machine for accpeting your cards, provide a warranty on repair, and account for VAT and any other relevant taxes, as well as sundires like the squirt of wd40 it needed.

Its not a case of “just getting the right bolt”, its all the above.

AMEN! In fact, if you don’t mind Jujuuk68, I might pinch that quote and use it as an analogy to those who expect free/very cheap photography – the similarities are startling!

“Well you’ve already got a camera, it’ll only take you ten minutes you tightwad”…. Erm, no, I’ve got to feed my family and replace all this gear once every two years, pay for promotion and marketing, my business insurance is double the cost of my car insurance… And in fact, never mind all that (and the rest) I put five years of my life into learning how to do what I do – what price the ticking seconds of my life?

That last question was rhetorical BTW…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

what price the ticking seconds of my life?

That last question was rhetorical BTW.

But luckily we now know the answer is £1,000,000

user-removed
    Free Member

How come I’m bleedin’ skint then?!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How come I’m bleedin’ skint then?!

you need to ask Rospa

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘I hate Halfords even more now.’ is closed to new replies.