Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • I got wood
  • ski
    Free Member

Stoner, great post & what a great location 😉

Sorry if this is a stupid question, regarding the Triandra – Q83 hybrid wips you bought, if you take cuttings off these in the future to re-plant, will they still be hybrids like their parents?

Stoner
    Free Member

yes. Effectively cloning.

Harry_the_Spider

Here is my Christmas project. It still needs a little work.

Had 3 tons of wood delivered last month for the burner and the outside temp hasn’t dropped below 13°C since 🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

needs more orange paint.

Albanach
    Free Member

Very interested in the above Stoner as I’m hopefully going to have 0.5 acres of land which I could coppice, planning permission pending.

I should yield between 8 and 12 oven dry tonnes a year per hectare. That assumes a planting density of 10,000 whips per hectare (which is 10,000m2) so that’s one whip per 1m2. Ive actually planted mine a bit denser than that, but since I have planted 500 whips, taking up about 400 sqm, then in theory I should be able to yield half a tonne+ year dry weight. Doesnt sound like a lot but it’s probably worth about £100-150 of firewood bought locally.

Is your estimated yield of 500 kg based on a harvest of a third per year? Confused as should it not be a third of 500kg?

The cords should grow to 3-4″ in diameter over 3-4 years.

Are the cords the original whips or are cords the trees post first year cut?

Should be able to harvest +10 x 4′ x 3-4″ cord off each third stand.

Again totally confused…can you tell me what a stand is and what a cord is?

Shorty121
    Free Member

Looks like you could do with a better fencer 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘I got wood’ is closed to new replies.