Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • I got bitten by a f*****g dog today
  • transapp
    Free Member

I want to be able to ride there again. However, when I spotted two dog walkers coming along the footpath, I pulled over and waited for them (nice to have a breather after the 20min climb!) so while stood there this bloody collie comes up to sniff me, I make hello type noises and then it sneaks around behind me and bites my freaking calf – the only bit of skin showing between the 3/4’s and socks. Hard enough to draw blood. The excuse from the owner?”You were stood still so I thought it’d be alright” Just f-ing brilliant. She knew the dog was likly to bight if I moved but decided not to put it on a lead. Ok, I was on a cheeky trail, hence the lack of official complaint / kicking the dog to death, but some bloody people…
    No point to this post, but I feel a lot better now!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Complain all the same, dog warden/plod etc. Dog clearly not under control.

Kuco

If it’s actually punctured the skin then a trip to the docs or minor injuries clinic for a tetanus booster if needed and maybe some antibiotics.

project
    Free Member

I worked in a house and needed to change a door handle, the alsation was lying in front of it, as i reached for the door handle the dog tried to bite me, the owner sauid its never done that before,you should have moved slower,i picked up the claw hammer and tapped it on the back and I said (SLOWLY)ive nevr done that before.

Instant respect off doggie, garbled witterings off customer.

chewkw
    Free Member

You need to see the doctor as the dog might have rabies. (the owner is probably infected already hence her stupid comment)

Tell the owner you will be back to bludgeon her dog to death … in front of her.

Junkyard
    Free Member

kick it to death then the owner

I dont believe dog owners who say it has never done that before etc and they should look after the public better

Only once been bitten by a dog whilst cycling and i stopped and kicked it a few times and then kicked it into the canal.

i am an animal lover but I am not being bitten and not [over] reacting.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

somone will be along to tell you its yor fault

transapp
    Free Member

Yeah, I know I should complain, however where I was is locally very sensitive and the local wardens actually try to block the paths to stop bikes anywway. It’s not going to help if a rider complains.
    For those that know, Bath, Sally in the woods.
    Yes, it’s punctured but should be OK for tetanus, and I’ll wait to see if I get the red itch before anti’s
    I’m actually a dog lover, had them all my life. Never been had a bad experiance or been remotly worried by one before, but looking at my 1yr old daughter playing on the floor as I type this I can’t help but think what if it was her? I know, I know, next time it could be a childs face…

transapp
    Free Member

TJ – I think you could be right!

trailmonkey

no it’s your fault tj

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wisnae me

Kuco

Only said because got bitten last summer and ended up down the minor injuries clinic and doc said if you ever get bitten and it punctures the skin don’t hesitate in coming down.

Have to say when the dog went for me the second time it got an spd cleat to the head.

glenh
    Free Member

Only once been bitten by a dog whilst cycling and i stopped and kicked it a few times and then kicked it into the canal.

i am an animal lover but I am not being bitten and not [over] reacting.

Amazing.

kudos100
    Free Member

Next time, boot it in the face.

Kuco

Next time, boot it in the face.

Dog or owner? 😉

Bazz

Maybe i’m just lucky but i must have come in to contact with literary thousands of dogs in both work and leisure situations and have never even come close to being bitten.

transapp
    Free Member

Hmmm, maybe you’re right. Mother in law is a nurse, I’ll get her to bring around the stuff. No way I’m queing for 4 hrs to get a small prick 😉

Bazz, agreed, first time ever other than a playful puppy nip, and those are my fault for fighting with puppies!

Boot to the face sounds like a plan, and I am talking about the owner – it’s not the dogs fault the owner has no control

anagallis_arvensis

I have to say collies are often a bloody menace when not worked. Loving the tough guy talk in this thread grrrrrr!

RichPenny
    Free Member

i must have come in to contact with literary thousands of dogs in both work and leisure situations and have never even come close to being bitten.

Good point, the intelligent ones are much better behaved.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

No way I’m queing for 4 hrs to get a small prick

*tucks self back in and wanders off looking innocent*

Kuco

You probably be fine if your cleaned it out thoroughly with clean water straight away.

I only really went because mine was still bleeding 12 hours later and was lucky to walk straight in as the place was empty 😀

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

all dogs should be kicked to death …. oh along with cat, horrible creatures. You were far too polite. Oh and I would get a tetanus jab up to date. 😉

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Bite the f**** dog back!

Ask the owner to make it up to you with a night of sex unless she was a minger…

You might catch rabies from the woman though.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I got bitten by a f*****g dog today

Multitasking!

kudos100
    Free Member

Dog or owner?

Depends on whether the owner follows suit, and has a quick bite of your arse………

skywalker
    Free Member

You should have broken its neck.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Ask in future…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXn2QVipK2o[/video]

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Got bitten by a collie about six months ago, lucky I had baggy old joggers on otherwise it would have been a whole lot worse, dog got fabric rather than skin

Owner was apologetic and had the dog put down (know because my old ma lives just up the road) did say that was the second time and it had to go

littledoughall
    Free Member

Bath, Sally in the woods

I’ve been bitten off the back of the university trails (running mind you) by a collie too. I reported it, but didn’t hear anything afterwards.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Why do folk with dogs let them get close to you even when they are on the lead. When i am out with the kids and we see dogs the i move them to the other side so i am between them and the dog. Owners still let the dog get close despite me looking unhappy about it. Not half as unhappy if i have to kick the dogs teeth in mind if they try and bite.

Why do owners think everyone has to be forced to like their dogs.

molgrips
    Free Member

I used to get bitten regularly as a kid. The encounter usually ended with the dog legging it with my dad running after like he was going to tear it limb from limb.. hehe 🙂 Go dad 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

Collies are dodgy

D0NK

vegan hippy taking the moral high ground again

crispybacon
    Free Member

the one time I got bitten by a dog it was a collie 👿

Little fecker nipped the back of my shoe as I rode past it’s owner, I though it was just my shoe but about 2 miles later I stopped & found he’d cut my ankle. Went to A&E to make sure there were no teeth left in the cut 😉 & to have a tetanus. Always wary now when I get near collies 😕

redthunder
    Free Member

I had run in today with a fido and dozy owner…

Two black labs.

Owner sees us and moves out the way … kewl.

Dogs still running around…. still kewl. Assumed dogs were OK

Next minute one of them is chasing me and snarling at my heels.

I stop and the dog back off.

Loads of non commands from the owner… you know, the standard ones like “Oi Come here etc.

I said to the owner “Am I going to have a problem with that dog?”

He sticks it on a lead and says “Not now”

I said “Thanks.” Couldn’t be arsed to bore on about law etc.

What irked me the most he was talking to the dog as if was a human being. Saying dogs name and it’s only people on bikes… FFS.

PS Perhaps it was the 19 inch metal fan I was carrying on the bike with one had had something to do with it 😉 Don’t ask.

I would of bashed the dog on the head with it if it carried on.

dr_death
    Free Member

Tetanus booster in the last ten years = covered
    Five tetanus boosters in your life = covered

(bearing in mind that you should have had five as a kid [2,3 and 4 months, 4 years and 14 years ish] then as long as you were born after 1961 [when they introduced the routine stabbing of kids], and got all your jabs then you should be alright)

UncleFred
    Free Member

There’s a lot of it about
    Doggies bites man

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

D0NK – Member

“Only once been bitten by a dog whilst cycling and i stopped and kicked it a few times and then kicked it into the canal.”

vegan hippy taking the moral high ground again
    Just ‘cos yer a vegan hippy does not mean you cannot defend yourself from a dog 🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

I remember a customer coming in with her dog. It bit the other dog that was already in the shop so she grabbed her own dog,bent down and bit its ear!

Junkyard
    Free Member

GRRRRRR ..it was like lord of the flies 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘I got bitten by a f*****g dog today’ is closed to new replies.