Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • I got a Rock Lobster
  • Keva
    Free Member

excuse the mudguards and the lights for making it look a bit $hite… both necessary evils in todays climate. It rides beautifully smooth though and is great fun on my local trails. Weighs in at 25lbs, not bad I thought for steel.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mud guards are never necessary, unless your name is Justin or Colin.

Keva
    Free Member

mudguards work wonders but look dreadful.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! (Jumps up and down excitedly)

May I commend you, on your impeccably good taste?

Enjoy! I love mine. Lovely little bike.

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

pass the tanning butter

HTTP404
    Free Member

you’ll be spending more time losing that chain than riding if you’re off-road.
    you’ll be needing an outer bashring and run something like an N-gear on the inside.

Keva
    Free Member

Of the 40miles I’ve ridden it off road so far the chain has come off once. A chain guide is on it’s way, in the post.

rudeboy, we were at swinley in Sept… I used to be PeterPan on here but thought I’d change my name to something more like my own name, people kept calling me Peter for some odd reason !

theboatman
    Free Member

Nice bike 🙂 is that poploc lever positioned a little eccentrically?

Keva
    Free Member

yep agreed, pop lock needs moving round a little bit. Tomorrow it’ll be sorted.

theboatman
    Free Member

Just thinking it may have been a little exposed in an over the bars exit from the bike (speaking as a world master at such a dismount)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Kev! We’ve met! I was wondering who could have such a dinky frame!

Watch out for the top of the compression adjuster hitting the frame, if the bars spin round. I’ve bunged on a bit of inner tube with zip-tie, to protect the frame. S’just that particular fork. Very sticky-outy knobby bit.

I’ve got some Hayes brakes (free!) on now, and upped the fork to 115mm. And a chain tensioner.

And I have my PopLoc mounted on the other side, upside down; It’s more tucked away.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Hey Kev, sorry I haven’t replied to your email yet, really appreciated you sending me the pics. The bike looks great! Good job. Glad the frame has found a happy home!

Keva
    Free Member

Rudeboy, yep, 115mm travel fork is just right for me too. My other bike with 130mm revs can feel a bit flexy and I’ve not much use for extra travel either.

Boatman, I’ve not been over the bars for two and a half years or more, ever since then I’ve developed an uncanny knack for bailing out before it happens !

Keva
    Free Member

hi MountainMonkey… yeah I know it was gonna be an SS but I thought sticking some gears on it would give me a bit more flexiblity with a single 32t chain ring. It’s a beautiful frame and it really does ride so smoothly. Certainly gives Ti a run for it’s money, I’m soooo pleased with it, thanx V. much. Well worth spending some money on good wheels etc…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah, come on; SS it, and stop being a wuss! I got up The Wall at Swinley on Saturday. 32/16. Quite a few of the geared mob pushed…

These don’t have the kudos of more spensive frames, but are just as good, imo. Designed well, by someone who knows what they’re doing.

Keva
    Free Member

It’s an excellent frame, best steel I’ve ever had for sure. I just can’t do one gear on my local trails at the mo due to the mud. When it’s frozen maybe, haven’t had the chance to try yet. SS is more of a summer thing for me. I thought you were running 32/15 anyways ?

let me know about the London ride btw, I’m still up for it, won’t be a liability in the traffic ’cause I love chasing cars too !

RudeBoy
    Free Member

32/15 proved to be just a leetle too high, in the mud, and I couldn’t quite make The Wall one time, and everyone laughed at me in a cruel and heartless manner. For my local trails, in Epping Forest, it was perfect, as it was the best compromise between speed for the road bit, and traction on the off road bits. I shall be reinstalling it, come the (hopefully) drier months.

SS is ideal in winter! Keeps you warm, and easier to clean.

The London ride will happen, but not for a it. It’s more a stoppy-starty enjoy the view type of ride, so not good in the freezing cold. Possibly early March, when there always seems to be a mini-heatwave for a week or so. Not really involving many busy roads,either. Will be fun, though!

MrNutt
    Free Member

ah ha!! my sides!! 😀

nice pic Rudeboy! 😀

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

MMM nice use of the exclaimation mark rude boy full marks and your use of full stops is most fine you should be proud

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I would be, FT, I would be.

But…

..I’ve spotted a schoolboy error, in my last post. Unforgivable, really.

MrNutt; don’t you have some bike frames to weld bits of metal plate to, or something?

‘Woods Behind The Nationwide In Swindon Don’t Exist’ indeed. Never heard anything so preposterous…

MrNutt
    Free Member

heheh you’ve still not noticed, nevermind…

heh heh heh 😆

RudeBoy
    Free Member

MrNutt, you haven’t gone and done something stupid, have you?

Note to Mods: That pic I posted is meant to be of my bike. MrNutt posted it on the ‘ugly bikes’ thread, because I slagged his bike off. If he’s gone and changed the pic, I can’t see that, because all I get is the pic of my bike.

MrNutt, you best not have put up any filth. You’re a git, is what you are.

What’s he put op, come on?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’ve not touched it!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Seen it. You, MrNutt, are a bastard. An utter, utter bastard.

I shall have my revenge,but instead of reacting instantly, I shall let it fester, over a long, long time. then, I shall strike, when you are least expecting it. My retribution shall be truly terrible. When I am finished with you, you shall have no choice, but to move to Reading. Or Slough.

Look what he’s done to my poor bike…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That is so unkind. Revert it back, please.

No, come on; that’s proper out of order. Change it back.

MrNutt
    Free Member

ah hah hah hah hah ha ha ha

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yeah, well, you wait.

I will tear your soul apart.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! (Jumps up and down excitedly)

ahahahahaahahahhahaahahaha hahah hahahahahahahahahahahah hah aha hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha! 😆

Keva
    Free Member

rudeboy, ygm !

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I can’t believe MrNutt would be so cruel. He knows how sensitive RudeBoy is, especially about that subject.

Imagine editing the picture to make sure the logog line up with the valves.

RudeBoy will never be able to ride to the ‘club meetings’ again

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘I got a Rock Lobster’ is closed to new replies.