Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • I don't think I have the gene to process alcohol
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

I drink about 6 -10 units of alcohol a year

for those who rarely drink, is it because you just don’t appreciate booze, or for health reasons?

They are all potheads obviously.

peterfile
    Free Member

lol at the tags on this thread 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

nacho: of course 😀

peterfile: did the whole teen drinking thing and the novelty wore off by the time i moved out at 18, once i moved out i ended up working 80ish hours a week so wasn’t really an opportunity to drink much… lost the taste for it over time and never really got back in the habit.

now its saved for special occasions and because i rarely drink i do not need much at all to get to a level of intoxication i feel confortable with (probably still under the drink drive limit in most cases!.. though i’d never drive if i’d drunk anything). I don’t like not being in control and the very very rare occasions i’ve drunk silly amounts its been with close friends i can trust in a familiar environment.

i enjoy the sensation but i need to be in the right mood.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Just out of curiosity (I’m honeslty not trolling here), for those who rarely drink, is it because you just don’t appreciate booze, or for health reasons?

I deffinetly dont “rarely” drink but I’ve never loved it in the same way some people do.

When I was younger most alcoholic drink (inc. beer) tasted of alcohol (unless it was like alcohol pop type thing with loads of sugar).

Alot of people say alcohol doesnt taste but to me it does or a least I theres something it does to my mouth I dont always like.

Now Im a bit older and some of my tastbuds have died when I have a beer I cant taste the alcohol and I can enjoy the different tastes of beer.

But with anything much stronger I can still taste the alcohol for instance I just dont get the point of shots, whiskey, rum or whatever. They all pretty much taste the same and something that strong is just revolting I might as well be drinking mouthwash.

Also I symphasize with molgrips. In my students day when I was drinking regularly I could stay drunk for a worth while amount of time to enjoy it, but recently I’ve been under the weather and had gum infection etc and sometimes when I drink I wont get long being pleasantly drunk before starting to feel a bit headachy and hungover.

Hopefully when I’m final rid of the infection I’ll get a little longer than that again

emsz
    Free Member

It’s friday, Gf is on her way, this is my 2nd wkd

iDave
    Free Member

Gf is on her way

Too much info emsz…

emsz
    Free Member

She’s driving back here from Oxford…

Your mind, iDave!

Later though…. 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmmm. After all that I ended up having 9 pints of Guinness last night.

It’s going to be a loooooong day.

*lies down*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie – take your arse and place it upon that saddle… sweat it out man!

Stuey01
    Free Member

8 pints of lager for me last night. Sore head now, off out on the roadbike soon to burn it off. Trouble is I’m going with a mate who is fitter than me and didn’t get drunk last night. Bugger

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie – take your arse and place it upon that saddle… sweat it out man!

I was out on the bike yesterday afternoon and will be tomorrow. Today is a gym day…..not sure about lifting heavy things over my head is a good idea. Might go for a run instead.

*lies back down*

emma82
    Free Member

I think I may rapidly be becoming one of those weird teetotallers…. I did drink last night but to be honest, even after god knows how many archers & lemonade I came home feeling sober and had just as much fun dancing like a loon! Then again, going to France in 10 days for the Easter break so I doubt I’ll be saying no to copious amounts of lager while there!

molgrips
    Free Member

I made it home ok without crashing into a drunken pile. Had a stab at training, but it wasn’t particularly successful 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

but it wasn’t particularly successful

No change there then eh?

BOOM! HEADSHOT!

😉

*lies back down*

molgrips
    Free Member

You don’t know how right you are Jamie 🙂

Stuey01
    Free Member

50miles on the road bike in the sun followed by leftover pizza for lunch. Hangover? What hangover? 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

7 mile run in the woods and about to eat gammon and eggs.

Me – 1
    Hangover – 0

Stuey01
    Free Member

Good work. Batter the hangover into submission with exercise and grease

emsz
    Free Member

ummm, we finished the wkd’s then frozen Vodka. Bit of a blur after that

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

7m… you over your injury then? I’m still forced to run walk as everytime i up the running my tendon plays up 😡 😥

Jamie
    Free Member

7m… you over your injury then? I’m still forced to run walk as everytime i up the running my tendon plays up

Not really. I just cut the amount of running I do. Gone from 70-80 miles a month to about 15-20 and the shortfall in cardio is now being taken up by the road bike.

Not ideal, but if it keeps me injury free-ish it’ll do.

ummm, we finished the wkd’s

You are 14 and I claim my £5.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘I don't think I have the gene to process alcohol’ is closed to new replies.