Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • I do hate strava, but if this guy used this move to beat his time then respect.
  • Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

(sorry if done before)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwOHMWda6ns&feature=share[/video]

leeroybrown
    Free Member

i think i would say more than that

scaredypants

nah, I think that was “podium rider on your … head”

DT78
    Free Member

bloody hell.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Of all the videos that get played over and over again while going “w.t.f….w.t.f” for an unnecessary amount of time, this has the win for the week.

Up here, we call that behaviour of Foxtrot Uniform Deltas.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Next time i’m bimbling i’m going to be listening out for someone hucking over my head!

rootes1

timed to perfection!

tracknicko
    Free Member

that is EXACTLY what riding motocross is like as a beginner.

but swap that trail for a 40-80ft table top and the guy over your head doing 40-50 mph and on a 100kg mx bike.

there’s a reason that faffers like myself ride along the edge….

Trimix
    Free Member

Tracknicko – I know what you mean. Ive ridden Enduro and MX for several years and guys have passed me on 40+ foot table tops while doing whips.

DezB
    Free Member

See now that is the polar opposite from Strada… those guys have the bottle to RACE.

😉

rocketman
    Free Member

jesus I thought I was slow

Is the guy with the headcam on a unicycle or something?

tracknicko
    Free Member

Tracknicko – I know what you mean. Ive ridden Enduro and MX for several years and guys have passed me on 40+ foot table tops while doing whips.

think it was thoresway/caistor track in lincs that did it for me.

45 degree banks with ski jumps up and down them, but the size of a hillside. i just sorta ‘popped’ off the top and landed down the banks, the fast lads were jumping to the very bottom, getting about 30ft OUT before going down to the bottom.

i’ve NEVER seen anyone ride like that, and to have it happening over my head was just too much. shat meself i don;t mind telling ya.

thepurist

See now that is the polar opposite from Strada… those guys have the bottle to RACE.

But he’s still straightlining the trail and cutting corners 😀

wwaswas

But he’s still straightlining the trail and cutting corners

This – he’s clearly not ridden the whole course as he was airbourne.

The other bloke has the right idea – it only counts if you have at least one wheel on the ground at all times.

DezB
    Free Member

i’ve NEVER seen anyone ride like that, and to have it happening over my head was just too much. shat meself i don;t mind telling ya

Was riding the XC trail at Aston Hill. Came to a junction with the 4X course. Heard noises, stopped. Suddenly these Power Ranger type blokes aboard bikes FLEW past our heads. We sat in awe, then pedalled on our way feeling smaller of penis.

tracknicko
    Free Member

yeh seen some mad things in 4x and DH too, but there is something utterly phenomenal about seeing/hearing and feeling a 450 breathing fire above your face.

cynic-al
    Free Member

that…strava a step down even from Sportive “Racing”.

How easily that could have gone wrong though, imagine the injuries the “innocent” rider could have suffered.

Solo
    Free Member

How easily that could have gone wrong though, imagine the injuries the “innocent” rider could have suffered

Yes.
    I think I’d have found the person who did that to me, and given him a demonstration of how badly that sort of thing turns out for people who do that.
    😉

DezB
    Free Member

except that you know someone who is that much better a rider than you, is probably also better at most other physical activities 😉

tracknicko
    Free Member

wonder if he had a choice tho.

if i was racing that line, on some slippery wooden launch and as i hit the thing realised some mincer was underneath me…

what then?

you aint gonna stop on that wooden stuff at that speed…

ir12daveor
    Free Member

Chaps, you do realise that this had nothing to do with Strava?

It’s a three day event that happens every year in Flims/Laax Switzerland. The clip is from the training for the Sunset ride on the Saturday evening. The chicken line entrance takes a different line to the road gap. It’s very possible that the jumping rider did not actually see the guy taking the chicken line until it was too late for him to do anything about it.

wwaswas

You do realise that the Strava comments were a joke?

DezB
    Free Member

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

It’s a three day event that happens every year in Flims/Laax Switzerland. The clip is from the training for the Sunset ride on the Saturday evening. The chicken line entrance takes a different line to the road gap. It’s very possible that the jumping rider did not actually see the guy taking the chicken line until it was too late for him to do anything about it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

except that you know someone who is that much better a rider than you, is probably also better at most other physical activities

You mean he’s already in the pits giving your wife a knee temebler behind the T4?

DezB
    Free Member

That’s after he’s chinned you 😀

cookeaa

That doesn’t look like a race run to me, can’t see any number boards on the bars, might be open practise or an uplift perhaps…

And the jumper isn’t “Straightlining the trail” He’s on the “Racing line” (you can see the woodwork and tape to the right as helmet cam boy approaches) while the helmet cam wearer is bimbling along dabbing his feet and managing to make a hash of the chicken run…

TBH by the time the jumper could have even spotted the bimbler it would most likely have been too late for him to brake, he would have been commited and it was probably better to hit the drop and try to miss the other rider than brake late, tumble off the drop and lodge a chainring in that lovely THE Fullfacer…

What that vid does illustrate quite nicely is the pretty big speed differntial you often find between riders in DH (Racing or just riding trails)…

The thing is on a proper DH course you should always expect someeone to be closing on you fast from behind if you have to slow down/loop out for whatever reason I think the onus is on the slower rider to make every effort to keep the trail clear for faster riders, trail centres are a different environment, the focus isn’t the same for all users (Enjoyment for all skill/speed levels in a less competitive environment rather than Racing or Race practise),

Encouter someone slow on a descent at Afan, be patient, catch up to a slow rider on Astonhill Rlack run, politely bellow “Rider!”… simple

Great video, pretty scary miss…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘I do hate strava, but if this guy used this move to beat his time then respect.’ is closed to new replies.