Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • I didn't ride a bike today
  • amedias
    Free Member

And I feel weird….

Been really tired today, and as a result of loads of ‘other’ thing that needed doing I’ve not been out for my normal Sunday ride today and it’s put me in a really funny mood 😕

Kinda weird mix between itchy feet and being glad of the rest, and feeling guilty (?!) Out of curiosity I checked my Strava log for 2015 and this is only the 9th day in 2015 that I’ve not ridden a bike, so appears I’m suffering some kind of withdrawal.

Anyone else struggle if they have a day off?

jam-bo

Today isn’t over for another 6hrs and 19 mins.

Smash out a cheeky Dartmoor 100 miler.

Clover

Me neither.
    Have you not heard of recovery?

rOcKeTdOg

Yep, I’m currently a bit broken from an interface with the ground but I’ve only missed 3 days riding in the last 8. It was hell 🙁

I’m a pedalling addict

have you heard of recovery?

life’s too short to take time off riding 😉

amedias
    Free Member

Today isn’t over for another 6hrs and 19 mins

Are you feeding the Chimp on my shoulder instructions by txt or something?

life’s too short to take time off riding

CTBM’s next sticker?

mcnultycop

The wind scared me too much on the bike yesterday, so I did some uppydowny walking instead. I quite enjoyed it (and scoped out some cheek).

jam-bo

Call me marcel.

It doesn’t even get dark for another 2 1/2 hours

MoreCashThanDash

Had a great year last year, just shy of 5k miles including my first 200k audax.

Having a really bad year time and motivation wise – nearly all my riding has been commuting to work or easy trails with the kids.

I can ride on road at 12mph, or off road at 8mph, for roughly a one hour period.

Everything else just leaves me feeling physically and mentally exhausted and ready to sell all my bikes. Wasn’t sure whether to ride this morning or just hide under the duvet. Did manage a play round the local country park.

And I am sick to the back teeth of cold headwinds. Properly, utterly fed up of it.

cookeaa

Missus was up puking all night long. So my pre-booked ride today had to give way, kept the kids entertained, did some work round the house.. But like you OP a weekend without a ride is just not right, It’s left me feeling tetchy and I am probably going to spend half the night ffiddling with bikes in the Garage…

egb81
    Free Member

At least you can ride your bike. I just shattered my patella so will be off two wheels for a good few months. 🙁

TiRed

Five weeks to the minute was my last ride. About ready for a recovery turbo session :-). First pain-killer free day!!!

Oh you can not imagine how much I miss it!

amedias
    Free Member

has it really been that long since your bump? seems like only yesterday!

Hope you’re healing well, I think i’ll shut up now as moaning about a single missed ride pales in comparison to weeks of injury induced rest, sorry guys!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden for over a month now…
    Despite having a new bike, I’ve kinda lost my way..
    Again.

scaredypants

I’m poorly 🙁

Could’ve ridden a couple of hours on each of Thursday, Friday Saturday and had about 5-6 hours “free” today – all in lovely warm sunshine

Sat watching the Giro feeling sorry for myself instead

Just as I’m feeling a bit better the weather turns to drizzly shite (and ironically, that’s what’s been troubling me over the weekend 😀 )

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Could be worse…

You could have just ruptured your achilles…

3-6 months off the bike, not like I just built a new one… oh wait!

belugabob
    Free Member

and this is only the 9th day in 2015 that I’ve not ridden a bike

Don’t worry @amedias, I’ve got those 9 days covered 😉

Well, it’s 19 actually, but it certainly feels like only 9, so count your blessings – 4 and a half months, and only 308 miles covered.

Starting to get going again though – today was glorious in the sunshine, with a coffee and cake stop at the turn around point.

scaredypants

sorry to hear that daniel_

Still, you can occupy yourself dealing with all the ways your new bike will become obsolete while you recover. New wheels, or at least rebuilding on new wider hubs, the inevitable outward creep of bar width and the replacement of enduro by endurevo, requiring a revised colorway for bike and kit

(more seriously, if you can’t already, build some wheels)

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Fortunately it was a second hand bike I built up (new for me), so it’s already well off trend 🙂

I can occupy myself with building my commute bike, just unfortunate that the weather will suck by the time I actually get to commute on it. And one leg will be much more powerful that the other. 🙂

Tracey

First proper ride for me since I got my pot off. Up onto Cutgate from Langsett and back down North America. Trails were in good condition and my foot only aches a little bit. Feels great to be back out.

TiRed

Yes five weeks. Feeling a lot better thanks. Face has healed, teeth don’t meet how they used to but have stopped hurting. Chest (sternum) is just sore. Wrist was plated last week, a two-week setback. Separated shoulder hurts.

At times like this one’s thoughts turn to trikes (the real darkside) and turbos. In that order for me!

timmys

I didn’t get to ride my bike due to my sons second birthday celebrations, but I can live with it 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I didn't ride a bike today’ is closed to new replies.