• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I delete
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

about 50% of my posts before I send them. I decide that they’re either not as witty or insightful as I first thought, they don’t add anything to a discussion, or I just can’t be bothered explaining the same thing over and over to someone else who disagrees and won’t see another point of view (the correct one 🙂 ).
    Anyone else?
    p.s. probably should have deleted this as well
    p.p.s. Some people should probably delete more
    p.p.p.s I do this in real life too, which often leads to me not saying much while other people waffle on about nothing at all while I sit thinking wtf are you talking about.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Rubber_Buccaneer

What we see is the best 50%? 😯

😆

Rubber_Buccaneer

Obviously I have no filter and post all the crap that pops into my mind just like real life 🙁

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sometimes I write huge long soapbox spouting tyrannical responses, hundreds of words, usually going completely off piste about half way through – they can take me 10 mins or more to craft, it’s how I deal with the stress of work. Most of the time I delete them before posting, I remember that none of this matters, it’s just for our collective amusement so writing the thing is all I needed.

Drac

I can’t help but think your post is in the wrong 50%

Stevet1
    Free Member

What we see is the best 50%?

Well depends, sometimes I don’t press send because I’m not sure how a jokey comment would be taken, could be the funniest thing ever written but if there’s a chance I’ll be hung out to dry as it gets misinterpreted I’ll leave it in my own head.

pocpoc
    Free Member

p.p.p.s I do this in real life too, which often leads to me not saying much while other people waffle on about nothing at all while I sit thinking wtf are you talking about.

Think that pretty much sums up my approach to life – both real world and virtual.
    My wife goes on about how little I post/comment on things on facebook. I’m pretty sure people don’t care what I had for dinner and I wouldn’t take a photo round to their houses to show them!
    I get accused of being quiet/unsociable/arrogant/rude. Really, I just don’t want to say what I’m really thinking for fear of offending people. A lot of people seem very sensitive to my very dry sense of humour. I think a lot of it comes from seeing my wife who has had (but is thankfully improving massively) quite severe anxiety and will overthink and completely spiral out of thought control on things that people have said who probably haven’t thought about what they were saying at the time and didn’t mean anything by it but it completely consumed her for the rest of the day or longer.
    So, I take the ‘if you haven’t got anything nice to say…’ and ‘it’s better to let people think you’re an idiot than open your mouth and prove it’ type sayings quite literally.
    It’s also why I’m generally quite low profile on here and not forcing my opinions on others all day everyday (but don’t let that stop those who do – it’s entertaining reading for me!) 😀

Also, once I start typing I tend to waffle on and not know when to stop…..

Rorschach
    Free Member

GrahamS

I’ve started to do it much more than I used to as I came to realise that threads dissolving into two-person debates* interests no one except the participants.

I’ll often type out a reply and then think “Does this actually add anything to the discussion?”

* (Given the choice I always prefer to mass debate)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I agree with Perchy’s post above.

DezB
    Free Member

My favourite thing is to ignore the thread title and just criticise what other people have posted thereby contributing absolutely f-all to the world of online discussioning.

Note: I don’t do this.

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t be silly, who does that?

wilburt
    Free Member

Depends what time it is and how much I’ve had to drink.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I probably should delete at least 50% of my posts but I don’t.

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t be silly, who does that?

I made it up

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I delete’ is closed to new replies.