Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I cant bleed my shimano disc… Help?
  • lyons
    Free Member

HI,

I’m trying to bleed a shimano xt brake at the moment… Problem is its not working bleeding it from the lever, as i belive there is too much air in the system, so its not pushing much oil out. So i tried bleeding it from the calliper.

The problem is, once the syringe is attatched, it refuses to push any oil out, until i have un – done the bleed nipple so far that it just comes out there instead of the lever.

Any ideas what i’m doing wrong?

Cheers andy

munkster
    Free Member

I followed the Park Tools How To and it worked great with my XTs, and I’m a complete dimwit when it comes to brake bleeding – failed miserably with Hayes ones…

Pete
    Free Member

Check to make sure the bleed nipple is no bunged up with mud etc. I’ve found reverse bleeding is the only way to bleed Shimano brakes

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – check that the bleed nipple isn’t full of crap. They should have a wee rubber cover over them, but this is often misplaced.

lyons
    Free Member

right, i did clean it, and it looked ok, but should i completely unscrew the bleed nipple, and clean it? I dont mind if the fluid in there comes out, as i want to completely replace it anyway…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I cant bleed my shimano disc… Help?’ is closed to new replies.