Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • I can't believe I'm going to admit this on here – Coke in drink content…..
  • Now, I’m not ashamed to admit I like Coke in whisky/whiskey/rum etc. – we’ve done that one before.

However, the fridge was a little empty the other day, apart from the wife’s Guinness. So, needs must, I thought I’d try one.

Now, I hate Guinness. I’ve always hated Guinness. I can tolerate it mixed with cider. With this in mind, I decided to try and sweeten it up a little.

3/4 of a glass of Guinness, topped up with Coke – I actually really like it and now drink it through choice when Mrs STR has some in.

Flame away

dknwhy

Are we talking coca cola or should we get some hookers involved?

Cola, but hookers are certainly an option

bearnecessities

Sounds wrong, but I discovered today that a banana & ginger biscuit go alarmingly well together, so you may also have something!

crofts2007
    Free Member

The Polish are known for having coke in lager.
    Tried it once.
    Tastes different, can’t say a lot more.

sbob
    Free Member

Strong lager, add coke, drop in a few measures of amaretto and you’ve just downed a pint of alcoholic Dr Pepper. 🙂

Guinness though?
    Sacrilegious.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve had lager and coke before, it was fine, especially for a hangover. My mate called it ‘diesel’. I’ve also invented a cocktail where you buy half a Guinness in a pint glass, then you pour in double gin and tonic with ice (it fits). Delicious. At the time we called it a ‘Mat Stallion’, but feel free to call it what you think’s best 🙂

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Coffee+condensed milk+ coca cola+rhum… Taste like ice cream. Promise

tinybits
    Free Member

I think the Spanish now drink coke and red wine, mixed in a plastic supermarket bag for real authenticity!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If you want to really girl it up, try some blackcurrant cordial in there OP. 😀

deluded
    Free Member

OP – It’s called a ‘Trojan Horse’. A very refreshing beverage … and I’m not a huge Guinness fan.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Nowt sacred about Guinness in cans……..

ocrider

I think the Spanish now drink coke and red wine, mixed in a plastic supermarket bag for real authenticity!

called Calimotxo, apparently invented during the fiesta in Bayonne.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I don’t drink coke and neat Bacardi is minging, but stick them together and it’s a recipe for success. YVWPV*

*Your view will probably vary.

_tom_
    Free Member

this actually isn’t that bad! I’d rather just have the wine by itself though unless its not very nice.

Leku
    Free Member

Spelt with a k.

kalimotxo

The only stuff if you want to party all night – and most of the following morning.

ads678

Guiness shandy with blackcurrant is really nice, but I wouldn’t order it in a pub!!

samuri
    Free Member

For some reason that I will never know, we once spent an evening drinking guinness mixed with blackcurrant.
    I suspect that some of the pints were actually half guinness and half blackcurrant.

After a pleasant evening following this theme we returned to our respective hotel rooms and retired collapsed.

I awoke at some point during the early hours feeling extremely ill indeed and unfortunately, ejected my stomach contents over the bed, the carpet, some of my clothes and some of the wall. These contents were black. Black as the ace of spades.

I threw the bedding in the bath, cleaned up what I could and left a ragged note of apology to the maid along with all the cash I had left.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’d rather cut my balls of a la rusty spoon than drink Guinness! Work of the devil is that stuff!

soobalias
    Free Member

coke, no, tia maria, yes

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’ve invented a cocktail where you buy a pint of Guinness in a half pint glass..

qwerty
    Free Member

I aspire to trying out a dirty hoe

😉

atlaz
    Free Member

The Polish are known for having coke in lager.

Germans love it too. Called a Monaco. I assume that’s ironic as I can’t imagine anyone in Monaco inventing it as a delicious drink to have on their yacht.

jamiep
    Free Member

In a 1/2 pint glass, just under 1/4 pint each of cola and lager plus amaretto in a shot glass depth charged = Dr Pepper

IHN

An Irish Black Russian:

Half a Guinness
    Measure of Tia Maria
    Measure Of Vodka
    Top up to the pint with Coke.

Luverrly

IHN

Thinking about it, don’t, whetever you do, add tomato juice to Guinness. I’ve suffered for your salvation in this regard *shudders at the memory*

atlaz
    Free Member

I see your home made concoction and raise you this horror… for those not in the know, clamato is tomato juice with added clam

hooli

Your wife drinks Guinness and you drink mixers 😯

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

A pint of Guiness with a glass of port poured in, is an exceptional drink. Delicious, but incredibly alcoholic.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Why not drop the whisky in the Guinness?

maccruiskeen

I was out on the lash with [klang:namedrop] Johnny Vegas [/klang:namedrop] in Dumfries. One of our number was extolling the virtue of Guiness and Port and demanding we get a round of them in – it was going to be a revelation we were assured. Went up to the bar and order a round of Guinesses (Guinii?) and a quantity of port. Barman had no port. So i left the drinks at the bar and ran up the street to another bar and asked for two half pint of port. They were happy to serve but as I headed back out the door they stopped me . I promised I’d bring the glasses back but the issue was bylaws had just made drinking in the street there illegal and the CCTV were being really hot on it.

I had to carefully, slowly, walk back with full half pint glasses in the cargo pockets of my trousers. Finally shuffled back into the bar, spent a good 5 minutes trying the rummage the glasses back out of the pockets, dosed all the pints with port….. everybody took one sniff, made a face then left them all un-drunk.

lilchris
    Free Member

Now, I’m not ashamed to admit I like Coke in whisky/whiskey/rum etc.

😯

Now, I hate Guinness. I’ve always hated Guinness.

I might have guessed.

I can tolerate it mixed with cider. With this in mind, I decided to try and sweeten it up a little.

We’ve established you have no taste, so no surprises 😉

3/4 of a glass of Guinness, topped up with Coke – I actually really like it and now drink it through choice when Mrs STR has some in.

😯

Stoner
    Free Member

Steady Bonkers: half pint of cloudy scrumpy at least 6.0%+ in a pint glass, fist full of ice, small bottle of Idris fiery ginger beer. Summer in a glass.

sbob
    Free Member

cbmotorsport – Member

A pint of Guiness with a glass of port poured in, is an exceptional drink. Delicious, but incredibly alcoholic.

Actually, I’ll go with that.
    Landlord bought me one on my Birthday, I took a sip and passed it to the girls to try and that was it, gone!
    Don’t worry, he poured me another. 😀

sbob
    Free Member

jamiep – Member

In a 1/2 pint glass, just under 1/4 pint each of cola and lager plus amaretto in a shot glass depth charged = Dr Pepper

Already covered but you seem to have absentmindly halved your units.

nicko74

Met a lass in Oz who used to drink red wine with coke in it. Awful stuff.
    And when I worked in a bar we used to have orange juice and coke, half and half. Can’t remember why – it wasn’t terrible, but I haven’t bothered to drink it since.

OP: nothing to be ashamed of, just don’t let anyone see you do it…

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘I can't believe I'm going to admit this on here – Coke in drink content…..’ is closed to new replies.