Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I can really tell the stiffness…
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

mate I ride with used to have a “proper stiff” maxle on his fatarse steel domains, now he’s got some 32 fox vanilla r 130’s, loads lighter, but with quick release. His cycling has transformed cos he can pedal through less front weight, and had such a better and more fun ride without the fatarse forks. he complained for a bit at the start of the ride about the wheel not being in the right “place” but after had a brilliant ride and kept praising his “new” forks.

Northwind

Yes? And then what happened?

Kevevs
    Free Member

nothing. it was a good ride. I suppose I’m just curious about this stuff. Bigger, better, more stiff, etc. but it depends where and how you ride. Just an anecdote really. cos people might come on here think they have to buy the this or that to have fun. it’s not that simple. is that ok?

Northwind

That’s absolutely fine but your first post’s pretty incoherent, not trying to be cheeky like. I mean, the title’s all about stiffness but the story’s all about lightness.

Kevevs
    Free Member

can it be both?

Northwind

It could be. But it isn’t.

Kevevs
    Free Member

edit: forgive me my quotation marks. I cannae be arsed now..

Del

well, if the other forks were old, it might just be the difference between a pair that work and a pair that don’t.
    i’ve run QR32s in the past. all my bikes now run maxles. no way i’d go back for off-roading.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

His cycling has transformed cos he can pedal through less front weight

Please, please, pleeeeeeease tell me you are trolling?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I can really tell the stiffness…’ is closed to new replies.