Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • I bumped into Peter Poddy in Lancaster :)
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

“What are the odds of coming to Lancaster for the first time ever and bumping into the only person you know who lives there?”

Diane
    Free Member

Smaller than going to the Cairngorms and meeting an American you met riding in California 😉 (Not me)

Diane
    Free Member

Or is that greater? I’m tired

pinches
    Free Member

meeting round the back of M&S!?

cinnamon_girl

Oooooh, was this for Pete’s 40th then?

brakes
    Free Member

tails
    Free Member

PP, Do your earrings whistle if you go really fast?

djglover
    Free Member

Dom Littlewood is my best mates cousin, FACT

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Oi! He still has hair…

bruneep

or going to Orlando and go for a piss in a Disney park and a guy from work that I never knew was going to Orlando uses the urinal next to me.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I was staying in the HI hostel in Banff, Canada and there was a girl from my office in Bournemouth staying in the same room.

Later that year I moved to Leeds. The first weekend I was there the sister of one of my housemates came to stay, it was that girl again.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What on Earth was Poddy doing in Lancaster??? 😯

I hope he had had his inoculations…

flyingmonkeycorps

How about getting on a lift in Morzine only to hear “Mum! Mum! That guy works at my school”, followed by said mum getting in the same car?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PP, Do your earrings whistle if you go really fast?

There can be noise sometimes, yes!

That’s a good pic of me actually Simon, it’s rare I say that too. I hate pics of myself…. 🙂 But yeah, small world isn’t it?

(You should get into portrait photography!)

What on Earth was Poddy doing in Lancaster???

Lunch break on the way back from Starcamp (Google it) in Keilder Forest.

My 40th is Monday 18th October. I should try and organise a ride on Saturday I suppose…. Unless I can invite myself on someone elses? 🙂

Might me in London Village on Sunday though……

Already had one present – A days coaching with a certain Mr Jedi. (well a voucher, gotta book it)

toys19
    Free Member

PP’s lips are a bit pursed, was he about to kiss you?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

was he about to kiss you?

one can dream…

toys19
    Free Member

The mind boggles at the things you could do once your fingers were looped through his lughole holes..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

one can dream…

**runs away screaming and jumps off nearest bridge**

**Extracts himself from muddy water after discovering nearest bridge only crosses a small stream**

geoffj

So who recognised who?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

“What are the odds of coming to Lancaster for the first time ever and bumping into the only person you know who lives there?”

I had much the same scenario in the bustling metropolis of Monmouth while on an audax ride last year. V random.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

**Extracts himself from muddy water after discovering nearest bridge only crosses a small stream**

You want to be careful, I think sfb lurks under bridges 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Anyway, Simon, I reckon your standards are slipping: You only got the camera out when Kirsty noticed you were carrying it, and then it wasn’t even turned on!

Tsk. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So who recognised who?

Look at the pic. Have an educated guess! 😉

robdob
    Free Member

I’ve just thought – Star Camp – weekend for cosmos gazing or gay talent contest?

That IS a very good picture SFB! Can you make me look that good?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Photoshop’s not that good Rob…. 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ha ha! How cruel and unkind, but it made me laugh and I think that’s all that matters really. 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and then it wasn’t even turned on!

yes, very unusual, I’d turned it off while plugged into my PC the night before as it runs the battery down quite quickly. That’s the only time I ever turn it off. But also, in novel social settings I tend not to use my camera at first as it can be offputting 🙂

Can you make me look that good?

you’ll have to introduce yourself as I wouldn’t recognise you 🙂

So who recognised who?

I recognised Peter with some incredulity, and did wonder at first if he was blanking me 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

That’s not nice. [sniff]
    I do, however, admit that I generally look like a startled shaved babboon on most photos, which is why I tend to take the pictures instead.

robdob
    Free Member

you’ll have to introduce yourself as I wouldn’t recognise you

Take PP, make an inch shorter and slightly (only slightly) thinner but more hair and no piercings/tattoos and you’ve got me.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

**runs away screaming and jumps off nearest bridge**

I never said it wouldn’t be a nightmare :o)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Take PP, make an inch shorter and slightly (only slightly) thinner but more hair and no piercings/tattoos and you’ve got me

I only recognised Peter due to the presence of Kirsty! Blokes barely register on my retinas…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘I bumped into Peter Poddy in Lancaster :)’ is closed to new replies.