Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • I brought a pair of Endura gloves :-/
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Yes yes I know, I really should know better having brought several pairs over the past couple of decades and having them all fall apart at the seams. I still have a bit of a soft spot for Endura though despite all the disappointment and had an encouraging chat with their rep the other night too about their QC processes. Anyway one ride in and they seem to still be in one piece though I shall be keeping the receipt!

scotroutes

That’s the brand I buy. Currently have a summer pair, a windproof pair and a waterproof pair (not wearing all at once like!). Longevity doesn’t seem to be a problem.

nickc

Troy Lee XC FTW…

cdoc
    Free Member

They can be a bit hit and miss. Two pairs of MT500’s have fallen apart quickly, one pair of singletracks have come apart at the seams, but a pair of full monty’s have just done a good six months with only a couple of small holes in the fingers so far.
    Strangely enough, a pair of ‘definitely not rebranded Endura’ gloves from Aldi are outlasting all of my others so far. They were about a fiver, I seem to recall 😀

steveoath
    Free Member

What are you doing with them? I have 2 pairs that have been doing duties for 4 years with no issues :-\

trail_rat
    Free Member

where did you take them ?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’m blaming the spell checker for that one 😉

robcolliver
    Free Member

Dexter II’s last me approx six months – they are superb. I’ve used them on two Tour Divides and that means wearing them for 16+ hours a day for 3 weeks!

I’ve just got a pair of Deluge II’s (winter gloves) and they have told me the lining is so well sewn in that you can pull them on and off with wet/sweaty hands without them turning inside out as you remove them….. I’ll report back on Monday – I’m about to ride them to Salisbury plain for the SPAM challenge.

martinhutch

Prepare to feel the icy wind of disappointment – normally in between your index and ring finger.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Don’t buy their winter neoprene ones. Once wet they smell like a sh1t shovellers duffle bag.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well I got the Pro SL road gloves. I’m thinking I really should have stuck with the original plan of getting some Specialized gloves from the concept store next door.

olly2097
    Free Member

MT 500s here. Lovely glove but fallen apart at the finger tips rapidly.

xyeti
    Free Member

I’ve got their Thermo Roubaix glove and they are holding up very well, not bulky and really warm down to 2 degrees, I’ve been wearing them on and off the bike, stood at rugby, dog walking etc. Prob done about 40 hours riding and they are great.

coatesy
    Free Member

No problems with mine falling apart, buut consistent sizing would be good, XL strike 2, and Deluge fit fine, but can barely get my hands into a pair of XL Dexters, and certainly couldn’t ride comfortably in them.

Kryton57

Best summer gloves – Altura Peleton pro gel. Best winter gloves – Galibier v3.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I’ve always bought Endura shorts, liners, bibs and jackets and never had an issue. Maybe I’ve been lucky? However, gloves have always been Fox or 100% as they feel better. Current cold weather gloves are 100% Briskers and so far they’ve been great.

Harry_the_Spider

So you started a thread that looks like a complaint with the supplier name visible in the title about a product that has suffered no defect?

Why?

What next?

I bought a car and it hasn’t broken down yet :-/

I bought a pie and there was no trace of horse meat in it :-/

FWIW I have never had a QC issue with Endura and I’ve got loads of their stuff. I did manage to melt the arse out of a pair of Hummvees on a giant slide, but I suspect that was my fault.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well yes, not my intention to rubbish the brand, do like their stuff. To be fair, the Endura rep I spoke to was up front about some of the QC issues they’ve had in the past under previous management as the company grew massively and says the situation is now much improved. Do hope so as they make some well thought out kit for UK conditions.

BadlyWiredDog

They’re the Hope lighting of cycle clothing, but without the impressive customer service. Everything I’ve ever bought with the Endura name on has fallen to pieces bar a pair of the original, heavy duty, MT500 tights which are seemingly indestructible. Maybe I’ve just been unlucky, but I wouldn’t touch their kit with a bargepole. YMMV etc.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I know what you’re saying, whether I’d have started a thread about it… I’ve not bought any Endura kit for a long time as most of what I have has to my mind failed prematurely. Zips and stitching on two pairs of shorts, pad disintegrated on a pair of bib ¾s, seams and zip on a jacket. I want to like Endura as they are fairly local to me but I’ve got stuff by Dakine and Ground Effect that have lasted a lot longer. And when I emailed Endura about my experiences the response was far from sympathetic or helpful.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Endura is my “go to” gear of choice for MTB.

Stuff seems to last reasonably well, though I had some questionable experiences in the early days..

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I binned my Endura winter gloves despite them not falling to pieces as I got so completely ***** sick and tired of the linings pulling out every single **** time I pulled my hand out, like cheap market stall gloves did when I was a kid with tightwad parents.

BadlyWiredDog

What really got to me about the customer service was the vibe they gave off that anything wrong was somehow my fault and I should just suck it up and be grateful they even bothered responding to me.

Wore through the seat of a pair eVent waterproof 3/4s in the Peak in less than a month? My own stupid fault for riding in the wrong area. Pad stitched in the wrong place in some roadie bib shorts? My fault for being the wrong shape, erm, except everyone else manages to make short with a chamois that’s in the right place.

Stitching and seams coming apart regularly? Yep, my fault again. And that thing with the single press-stud fastening on the camo shorts that burst open and was questioned again and again on here? Could they be arsed to update the design so it worked? Not their problem, obviously. It’s probably still the same now.

A truly bloody awful company in my experience. Though obviously that would be my fault too for making the mistake of buying from them in the first place.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had much the same experience of their customer service when a pair of singletrack gloves fell apart at the palm after a couple of rides. I didn’t ask for a refund but genuinely thought they may be interested in customer feedback on quality issues but got a very stroppy accusatory response.

Anyway i’m told a lot has changed over the past few years at Endura.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well this story has an all too predictable ending with a seam failure… 🙁

Ok it’s been 10 months but, with an array of gloves to match conditions, these have only been worn a dozen or so times. Other than coming apart at the seam they look new. Really quite disappointed as I do want Endura stuff to be good but very rarely have I brought something that hasn’t failed, usually stitching related. I shall be complaining to my LBS 🙁

kimbers

My humvee + gloves have lasted well over a year, very impressed.

I bought a singletrack backpack and one of the zip broke, at first ride, endura stand at tweedlove replaced it no hassles and been fine over a year, also big fan of their kneepads, been very durable so far

aikon
    Free Member

My 5 year old Dexter’s finally gained a pinhole yesterday, courtesy of a barbed wire fence incident! The cordura sleeve on my MT500 jersey saved my arm as well, amazing it survived unscathed.

akira

Had a jacket that I crashed and it ripped, they replaced it. Apart from that the shorts, tops, jackets and gloves I have from them have all been fine. Had to sew up the pockets in my well used seven year old shorts but I didn’t begrudge that.

Northwind

I got a set of waterproof endura gloves. They leaked like a sieve, inevitably. Thing was, endura didn’t even seem to really understand why I was complaining, it was like “why would you expect our gloves to do what we say? We’re endura, we can’t do gloves”.

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve had a set of Dexters that went on forever, a set of MT500’s that went on forever and a set of Full Monty’s whose time was cut short when I went OTB and stuck my hands out in front and miraculously instead of breaking wrists etc I tore the mesh in the palms. That was after being my daily wear for a couple of years mind.

Not sure how I’ve managed this feat looking at some of the above…

andybrad

had dexters last a year.

had full montys last a week.

shocking.

got the madison flux 77 ones atm. really nice but lasted a month 🙁

poah
    Free Member

Have you learned how to spell bought yet though?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Have you learned how to spell bought yet though?

Misspelling are de rigueur for an STW rant 🙂

Anyway, shall be taking them back to my LBS today. I only went with Endura gloves because I was convinced against my better judgement by a chap at my LBS that they’d sorted out their stitching issues.

poah
    Free Member

not had an issue with my endura gloves just for balance

scotroutes

All my gloves are Enduras of varying thicknesses and weights. I don’t know what some folk are doing with them cos mine seem to go on for ever.

DezB
    Free Member

Dexter gloves here – lasted forever, which is quite unfortunate, as they are crap gloves! Fingers too narrow, weird palm padding, not even slightly windproof. Useless things.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I keep buying them, but I really should stop as they don’t last at all.

Dexter Windproof I get. I like the feel, but within 6 months I wear through the thumbs. The current pair has ripped around the cuff due to tugging on the velcro to take the things off.

Have no problem with padding, the wind and cold though. They’re comfortable and hands are warm. I wear them in winter no problem. That side of it is fine, it’s just they don’t last at all for me.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well replaced by my LBS no questions asked. They do say that Endura are very good to deal with for warranty issues. Let’s see how long this pair lasts.

Perusing their glove selection i’m quite tempted by the Nemo neoprene ones for wet rides too.

joebristol

To add some balance I bought a pair of endura gloves on implulse coming up for 3 years ago – tyre still goi strong now. The velcronon the cuff still gripsnoknand none of the stitching anywhere has come apart. They’ve had 3 summer seasons of riding at least once per week midweek and some weekends with some sporadic weekend winter riding as well.

akira

@mrblobbly, the Nemo gloves are really good. Used them on the road bike and the mountain bike, they get a bit smelly but we have two adult pairs and two kids pairs in the house and they’re all fine. They come up tiny sized though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘I brought a pair of Endura gloves :-/’ is closed to new replies.