Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I am Mr Rodney Coleman
  • DezB
    Free Member

Received today:
    Hi,

I am Mr. Rodney Coleman and i am looking for Traffic-Lights. Can you please email me back with the types and designs available and their prices.If possible email me back with your website so i can take a look my self. What types of credit cards do you accept for payment?
    Please Advise.

Counting on your cooperation..

What’s the scam there then?? 😆

benji
    Free Member

perhaps he is hoping you will give him the green light?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Maybe he was looking for Flashing Amber?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Firstly – yes its a scam. Yes yes yes.

It’s usually an advance payment / fee scam. Very common in the service industry (same email to me twice a week).

If your email is on the web you’ll get one . Do you actually sell traffic lights then?

DezB
    Free Member

Sell traffic lights? No! I don’t sell anything! (well, old bike bits occasionally)

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Ok! Well suppose you did.

They offer to employ your services / traffic lights at well over the odds, you get a bank transfer to your account from abroad, a complicated scenario ensues where there’s a disaster / murder / …. / they have to cancel, or other emergency. You’re asked to refund 50% of what they paid – cause of course they’ve wasted your time you get to kepp 50%.

Your bank statement looks like their “”cash”” has cleared : but as it is an international it never really does. And thats where you’re stung – and possibly done for money laundering. They always want their share back by a non reversible vehicle (western union / paypal gift etc)

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey.Complex! I’m keeping my traffic lights for myself!

athgray
    Free Member

I received an email yesterday from someone in the South African government roads dept, who with a business partner has $15.5m US burning a hole in his back pocket. He would like to temporarily deposit this in my bank account as I am apparently a trustworthy sort. All I have to do is agree in email. My share in return for telling him my account details will be $5.2m US. Does this sound like a good deal?

DezB
    Free Member

Well, that’s a slightly more standard type of scam. Offering to buy my traffic lights almost had me, I must say.

athgray
    Free Member

How much Debz. I might be interested. What traffic lights for Glentress?

oldnick

More importantly what diameter are your traffic lights? The old ones look so small, the more recent ones look too big, do you have some that are very slightly bigger than the old ones?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

athgray – Member
    How much Debz. I might be interested. What traffic lights for Glentress?

Oi yer slag, I coined that 2 years ago and it’s DebZ with a cap Z, she’s my bitch and yer not being original, so back off!

athgray
    Free Member

It’s not my fault guv’nor. Could happen to anyone with chubby digits trying to work a smart phone after a few whisky’s. 😉

jamj1974

He’s not Mr Rodney Coleman – I am!

DezB
    Free Member

You can’t go on holiday with yerself

lucien

No, I am spartacus Rodney Coleman

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I am Mr Rodney Coleman’ is closed to new replies.