Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • I am in the wrong job…
  • matt_outandabout

A chap just turned up outside in a pimpin’ Range Rover.
    Dressed for, and now weeding / gardening a neighbours house.
    😕

wwaswas

There’s a lot of money to be made from weed 😉

footflaps

Rich parents doing some gardening for daughter etc?

nealglover
    Free Member

Rich parents doing some gardening for daughter etc?

Probably, my dad used to turn up at my place in a Jaguar XKR to clean my gutters 🙂

fasthaggis

There’s a lot of money to be made from weed

Yup,his landscape business is just a front 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Am sure he’s in a very taxing line of work.

😉

matt_outandabout

Nah, the lad looks 25-30…

ninfan
    Free Member

Does he like dags?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Gigolo roleplay?

matt_outandabout

Ok, so now a transit pulls up, with three more lads in, and a trailer of lawnmowers. He is clearly the boss, but even so…

Stoner
    Free Member

Being a gardener is not the same as being the boss of a gardening company though is it.

Anyway, you get to yomp about in the wilds with canoes and stuff. Of course you’re not in the wrong job 🙂

camo16
    Free Member

What are the ‘three more lads’ wearing? It’s only suspicious if they’re in tuxedos.

matt_outandabout

All in nice fleeces n work trousers with company logo’s.

matt_outandabout

*penny drops*

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ashfield landscapes?

matt_outandabout

J Kerr, Stirling area phone no.

Stoner
    Free Member

J Kerr?

First name Juan no doubt…

footflaps

It’s obviously Special Branch / MI5 on a stake out, pretending to be gardeners. I suspect they’re all there watching you….

camo16
    Free Member

Simple Minds fella? He’s gardening now?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I had a ‘posh’ gardener once. He was heavily funded by his landed parents and would turn up in his nice 4*4 and do his work.

He was a spoilt brat though. Being funded by mater and pater just meant he didn’t value his customers. He failed to turn up for a month citing reasons such as “It was my birthday so I took a week off”.

When I told him to go pleasure himself he got very uppitty about it all.

My gardener is now a tramp who lives at home with his mother and drives a beat up volvo. He takes far greater care of staying in employment……

marcus7
    Free Member

the bloke that services our compressor turned up in a Ferrari 360, with his tools on the passenger seat!, his rs6 was in the garage… and his Mrs was using the phaeton w12… he does own the company to be fair and all his guys have a6 estates, definitely a good job to in it seems!

jambourgie
    Free Member

The foreign looking chap who jet-washes our driveway rocked up (late) in a ‘murdered out’ decommissioned Apache Gunship. When I enquired as to why he was late when he had such a high powered, ruthlessly efficient mode of transport at his disposal, he replied in broken English that he had to ‘sign on’.

Yours,

The Daily Mail

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.prestige-car-leasing.co.uk/car_leasing/land_rover/range_rover_sport/
    A mere 550-650/month mostly tax deductable I guess

ElShalimo

jambourgie – Member

PMSL

jambalaya
    Free Member

4×4 will be fully deductible against tax in the business. Perhaps he lives in a modest house.

That being said bit naive as it just suggests you are being overcharged.

thegreatape
    Free Member

My gardener is now a tramp who lives at home with his mother

He hasn’t quite fully embraced the tramp lifestyle then.

maccruiskeen

He hasn’t quite fully embraced the tramp lifestyle then.

You haven’t met his mum

thegreatape
    Free Member

Observation retracted in that case

takisawa2

Christ, just looked at the Leasing link… 😯

jambourgie
    Free Member

Sorry, help a dimwit out,

When you say “fully deductible against tax” what does that mean?

maccruiskeen

When you say “fully deductible against tax” what does that mean?

If you’re self employed then allowable business costs are offset against your turn over and you then pay tax on whats left over – your profit.

Vans tend to be fully tax deductable as they’re not considered car-like enough to be be used in any large amount for social and domestic use as well as for business. With cars you tend to have to declare a split of business and domestic use and only claim a deduction on the business portion.

Some 4x4s and particular the weird ugly 4×4, 4 door, 2 rows of seats, pick up with a 1 tonne payload physically separated from the passenger space (and a big sticker saying ‘Animal’ or ‘Trojan’ or ‘Cockmunch’) are cars designed to fall into a space where they tick the most tax boxes. Not enough like a car for tax purposes, not enough like a commercial vehicle in VOSAs eyes to get into operator license requirements when towing. Self employed folk buy them as you can put them through their books as a business cost then use them for gadding about instead.

Even with a gardening business I don’t think a range rover would be fully deductible, there have been van variants of discoveries before, but if there are rear seats there needs to be that bulkhead between them and the load space, and a 1 ton payload to fall into the weird ‘Dual Purpose Vehicle’ tax loophole

Certain leasing deals are configured for easy tax accounting also although the way the capital allowance is comfigured has changed so its less beneficial to lease than it used to be.

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

My neighbour was paid to drive a soft top E tyoe down to the south of France, then stay in a hotel for 3 days whilst it was used for a TV (top gear) prog & then drive it back again. In July. thats a job.

busydog
    Free Member

There’s a lot of money to be made from weed

Walter White says that blue meth is even better 😆

mactheknife

Stoner, that’s the first thing I have read in a good while that made me laugh out loud. good one 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘I am in the wrong job…’ is closed to new replies.