Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 298 total)
  • I am finally on the iDave diet
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Since yesterday.

Done ok, only a few little bits of banned stuff like a dollop of milk foam on my espresso. But hells bells, my mouth tastes like crap! Anyone else get this?

I am seriously craving some sweet liquid.. orange juice.. or even milk..

I feel full and yet hungry and unsatisfied at the same time. And very warm.

iDave
    Free Member

Are you drinking enough water? Not noticed any odd mouthy taste.

The cravings will go, and can be saved up for your one day of gluttony per week.

Report back in 2 weeks…..

Obviously MTFU etc….

Jamie
    Free Member

I feel full and yet hungry and unsatisfied at the same time. And very warm.

Lordy.

Anyone else get this?

No, but then I am doing a bastardised version of a low carb (non-fibre) diet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    philconsequence
    Free Member

own him with bombers

MTFU

it could be a kids face next time

vagina.

molgrips
    Free Member

Non fibre?

Drinking loads of water btw not having any satisfying effect besides clear pee.

Should add for balance that this morning it was easier to get up than it has been for ages. Felt good like it was 8.30am instead of 7am. Also felt ok this morning, it’s post lunch that I am flagging.

Jamie
    Free Member

it’s post lunch that I am flagging.

Almonds are your secret weapon. Not too many though.

Anyways, ignore my previous post. I don’t think it even makes sense to me. I am currently doing this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

It is at the level of complexity I can deal with. All I do is adjust the amount of carbs from day to day depending on activity. Always keeping carb intake below protein though.

Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

Sorry to be a pain cos I’m sure this has been asked a million time but who should I PM to get the diet info?

oh and it’s not for me…its for a mate….honest….

(It actually really is, he’s chunky and I’m not)

Thanks!

iDave
    Free Member

remember the mid-afternoon ‘thing’? surely that sorts out any post lunch dips?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Eat some fruit! Its good for you and will satisfy your sugar cravings.

I would have thought an apple would be more beneficial than some nuts, since these have loads of fat and calories in them?

iDave
    Free Member

you thought wrong DT

GW
    Free Member

I’ve asked this before but what is the idave diet?

molgrips
    Free Member

Mid afternoon thing? Oh, 90 mins before the ride home you mean? Yeah that’s in an hour or so’s time.

I have to say though that it’s easier than just restricting calories. Although even that did get easier after the first few weeks.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

you thought wrong DT

Its never suprising.

I’ve asked this before but what is the idave diet?

Its a new world order

Jamie
    Free Member

I would have thought an apple would be more beneficial than some nuts, since these have loads of fat and calories in them?

Nothing wrong with apples, this is where Dave and I differ I feel, but if Molgrips is trying to curb his hunger pangs then nuts will be the better choice as they promote satiety better due to having a higher concentrate of fats and protein (even tho overall they are quite a weak source of protein weight for weight)

As for calorific differences:

10g almonds = 63 kcal
    An average apple = 50-60kcal

Also with nuts, and probably more important from a psychological perspective, 10g is 10 nuts. So you can eat them over a period of time which helps to make the body feel it is a) fuller and b) dealing with its hunger issues.

Oh and they are portable and easier to eat on the hoof. Which is not to say apples and other fruit isn’t, but you cana buy banana guards for a reason…admittedly a very stupid one 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iDave – could we all benefit from the diet?

I’ve not seen the plan, but would be very worried about keeping my energy levels up to keep visiting the gym 2-3 times a day.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve had 2 apples today :mrgreen:

delicious

Jamie
    Free Member

i’ve had 2 apples today

I thought you were strictly on the vaginas phil?

molgrips
    Free Member

I admit I am not sure about the mechanics of this, I think it’s less about carbs and more about insulin though. Complicated stuff. The restriction of carbs to certain things has certain effects on your body.

There are many ways to lose weight and to manage a calorie deficit – I am trying this one despite not being fully up to speed with the science.

As for hunger – really I’m not at all hungry. I simply crave carbs, preferably in liquid form. It’s easier to deal with than hunger tho like I say.

I’ve not seen the plan, but would be very worried about keeping my energy levels up to keep visiting the gym 2-3 times a day

Yeti, I was sceptical of this but you do get to take (some) carbs whilst exercising which makes a lot more sense to me.

Jamie
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti:

I’ve not seen the plan, but would be very worried about keeping my energy levels up to keep visiting the gym 2-3 times a day.

Why are you going the gym 2-3 times a day? At some point that is going to be counterproductive.

Stuey01
    Free Member

To quote a wise man from the internet, from back when I used to be into bodybuilding.

Nobody ever got fat from eating too many apples

Anyway, can I get a copy of the idave diet to the email in my profile? I’m really curious as to what it’s all about, plus am dieting for my wedding so may give it a bash.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie… because I love it.

philconsequence
    Free Member

jamie, i’m cutting down on vaginas… easy habit to slip and and out of, but always risky!

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie… because I love it.

I will give a fuller response when I get back.

Just off to the gym now.

(3x a week = Beefcake!)

Stuey01
    Free Member

I simply crave carbs, preferably in liquid form. It’s easier to deal with than hunger tho like I say.

Last time I was on a really low carb diet I had this. I used to have a supply of pepsi max and sugarfree chewing gum on hand to deal with pangs. Seemed to work ok, but mostly you just need to MTFU and the cravings pass.

Since yesterday.

Done ok, only a few little bits of banned stuff like a dollop of milk foam on my espresso.

So you cheated. After one day. Good luck, you’re gonna need it.

trickydisco
    Free Member

think it’s less about carbs and more about insulin though.

Got it in one. Read the 4 hour body.. same principles and i believe idave gave the author some tips to put in the book.

trickydisco
    Free Member

For info.. i’ve never really followed a diet in my life. Within the 1st 2 weeks of trying the idave way I dropped 2kg and feel leaner.

I haven’t touched any bread or pasta in 2 months (i know it’s allowed on the cheat day) and I i’m training quite a lot but don’t feel any lack of energy.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah there was a cheeky edit there too Jamie…

I’m not trying to be a beefcake and have now got the training plan I need to achieve my goals.

Today I’m taken a break from the plan though and completing a tri-athalon across three sessions. Just a 10k run to go…

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah there was a cheeky edit there too Jamie…

There was? Didn’t see it. The beefcake reference was in reference to my portly self rather than you fella.

molgrips
    Free Member

So you cheated. After one day. Good luck, you’re gonna need it.

Baby steps.

But it’s not all or nothing. A tiny bit of dairy doesn’t wreck the whole thing, just makes it a tiny bit less effective. I am thinking it’ll be easier with time.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Essentially… exercise is a healthy addiction 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

As healthy as addictions can be… don’t get too obsessed!

crispy
    Free Member

Dear iDave.

Please may I have a copy of your miracle plan to the email in my profile.

Thanks

Crispy

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s ok molgrips… I’m not the obsessive type.

Anyone know if I can get auto-refresh for this site?

Jamie
    Free Member

Baby steps.

But it’s not all or nothing. A tiny bit of dairy doesn’t wreck the whole thing, just makes it a tiny bit less effective. I am thinking it’ll be easier with time.

Go hard or go home soldier!

…but if it was me. I would like to be able to at least the first day without cheating.

Roblilly
    Free Member

Can I get a copy of the diet? I have piled up to 95kg (5’9″)played rugby for years (hooker) so have always lifted a lot of weights. I know I need to do more cardio/reps but it seems to be taking for ever to lose anything. I have stopped drinking protein shakes etc etc
    Thanks

Jamie
    Free Member

I know I need to do more cardio/reps

Here is the thing. You do not really need to do loads of cardio.

In order to lose weight in order of effectiveness it goes diet > resistance training > cardio.

molgrips
    Free Member

For all those wanting the plan why not use the site search.. or maybe someone’s got a link to the original thread.

but if it was me. I would like to be able to at least the first day without cheating

I don’t see it that way. The first day will be the worst day I reckon.

Jamie
    Free Member

I don’t see it that way. The first day will be the worst day I reckon.

My personal experience of stuff like this is:

Day 1 = Novelty
    Day 2 = Hmm
    Day 3 = Oh Jesus make it stop!

Roblilly
    Free Member

it goes diet > resistance training > cardio

Jamie, really? I thought cardio was first! too much growth hormone in my brain…

molgrips
    Free Member

Here is the thing. You do not really need to do loads of cardio.

Depends really. You can lose weight in a variety of ways. Depends on why you want to lose weight I think – if it’s alongside training for something else then the cardio may or may not be important for that.

For instance, I train for cycling, and for that I need to be lean, so the weight loss is a side requirement of cycling training.

I have lost weight before by doing tons of low intensity riding and restricting calories, but it was tough and took a loooooooot of hours. The new diet promises to be lots easier, we’ll see 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 298 total)

The topic ‘I am finally on the iDave diet’ is closed to new replies.