Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • I am dead
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Staying at GF’s, she’s at GP and I am cleaning up. I find a pan full of watery liquid, looks like its soaking so I pour it out. As I do it gets thicker and I remember the lively celery soup she made for our lunch.

Do I:

Run.
    Buy flowers before she gets back (actually I have no keys)
    Text her the news and hope she calms down before she gets back.

Jerome
    Free Member

Just tell her straight dude . Deadpan like ..

nickjb
    Free Member

Nip out and buy a tin of soup. Pour it in the pan.

wwaswas

lively celery soup

tell her it climbed out the pan and ran away?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Although you’re dead, you’ve also had a lucky escape. Celery soup 😐

jambalaya
    Free Member

Apologise when she gets back. Offer to cook some more / go to shops to buy something else.

The upside here is she may ban you from the kitchen and tidying up generally, in fact you could suggest that might be best as you could make the same mistake again.

PS don’t forget to ask about her appointment, by the time she stops talking about it she may have forgotten about lunch

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Celery Soup…….I think you have had a lucky escape. Tell her straight if she ever makes anything so turgid again she will be sorry.

McHamish
    Free Member

Just tell her lunch was delicious, and ask her what she’s having.

globalti
    Free Member

Celery soup? God almighty.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

celery soup

Sounds to me like you’ve dodged a bullet

verses

For Valentines day, get her a bunch of Celery instead of a bunch of roses. That’ll definitely make it better…

EDIT: This advice brought to you from the man who gave his, eager to get wed, girlfriend a ringbox with a single Rolo in it for Valentines one year.

somafunk

Yeah, tell her that the carefully constructed culinary delight she slaved over was mistaken for watery washing detritus and thrown out – way to go on the day before Valentine’s day if you can’t be arsed to buy a card, just get dumped instead.

Whatever you decide to do will be wrong so just save yourself the bother and lay out your bollox on a chopping board for her to remove the second she comes back from the docs.

footflaps

Blame the cat / dog? If she doesn’t have one, nip out to Pets r us and get one….

fasthaggis

Just tell her straight dude . Deadpan like ..

Well done sir 🙂

sandwicheater

celery soup, is that even a thing?

Tell her now, don’t await her return. She may need to pick some stuff up on the way back.

wwaswas

ringbox with a single Rolo in it for Valentines one year.

*winces*

Yak

How long have you got before she comes back? Quick, get another, better soup on now (not tinned) and impress her with your culinary prowess.

To help, post up a list of the ready ingredients and I’m sure stw will be able to concoct a recipe. What can go wrong?

verses

wwaswas – Member

ringbox with a single Rolo in it for Valentines one year.

*winces*

It’s not all bad, it gave me a cracking story for the wedding speech! 😀

Scamper
    Free Member

Are you the bloke who moans about customer stupidity in your LBS? 😉

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Celery Soup.

She’s a keeper.

2orangey4crows

Simple.

“Darling, I tried a bit of that delicious soup earlier and do you know what? I just couldn’t stop eating it. It was amazing. Anyway, I popped out and bought us a Ginsters each for lunch instead.”

You’re welcome.

But, seriously, celery soup!?

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’m still trying to get my head around you having a GF…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Verses, love it, so will she.

She was fine, doc’s appt upset her tho 🙁

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Make some proper soup and tell her you used the stock (celery soup) she made.

Bregante

Tell her hora popped round to pick the frame up and you, just being hospitable like, offered him some soup and before you knew it he’d polished it off.

hels
    Free Member

What you mean she goes to work leaving dirty dishes in the flat ??

You are doomed I tell you, doomed…

But seriously, I would have thought brownie points for cleaning up would carry you through this.

P.S do you own any rabbits ? Sorry, I will stop now.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

MTFU and just tell her you great jessy.

If she’s anything like my wife, she’ll just roll her eyes as if she expects such stupidity. No recriminations and no snide remarks, just acceptance. Somehow that feels so much worse. 😥

Still can’t see the attraction of celery soup though. Probably your unconscious saving your digestive system. 😆

[Edit: damn you updated before I finished writing. Well done for owning up 8) ]

Harry_the_Spider

If you still have the slurry at the bottom just top it up with water.

Shackleton

If you still have the sludgy bit left, make up some veggie stock and top it up. But make sure you tell her !

IHN

Well, frankly, celery soup for lunch is a fate worse than death, so you’ve got off lightly

avdave2

Break down the front door and smash yourself over the head with large piece of wood to be found lying semi conscious and bleeding on the kitchen floor mumbling about how you fought the bastards for all you were worth but you couldn’t stop them taking the soup.

Houns

Take her out for lunch

Cougar

If you still have the sludgy bit left, make up some veggie stock and top it up. But make sure you tell her !

If you still have the sludgy bit left, make up some veggie stock and top it up. Be understanding and sympathetic when she’s apologising profusely for the soup not turning out as nice as she’d hoped.

slowoldman

Ha, that’s nowt. When I was a lad I kicked over a huge pan of stock which was sitting on the cellar steps to cool down. Lovely greasy fluid all over the cellar floor.

gonzy
    Free Member

dead man walking…

aracer
    Free Member

Tell her you can’t have soup for lunch because you needed the spoons.

medoramas
    Free Member

Better Call Saul…

theblackmount
    Free Member

Wallpaper paste and some liquidised peas – that should be about close enough.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Celery soup that you ‘accidentally’ threw away? Pull the other one. 😀

stinkingdylan
    Free Member

Tell her you tried it and it was **** gipping, so you binned it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘I am dead’ is closed to new replies.