Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I am Danny Macaskill
  • flange
    Free Member

Well not quite but I'm halfway* there after buying this today. Should help my bad back and knees no end. Now I need some cranks and wheels…hurrah for trials

Oh, and I think the application of an 'i' will improve it ten fold

*1/100 of the way

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There is a company somehwere making T-shirts with "I'm Danny Macaskill" on the front!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I learnt to stall on the rear wheel the other day and got a rather pathetic hop in, can't do it by pedaling though, have to lock the front wheel then rock the whole caboodle backwards

psychle
    Free Member

This is what I bought after watching that video:

I'm abysmally rubbish on it though, struggle to even get it off the ground! Practicing trackstanding at the moment, start with the basics 🙄

coffeeking
    Free Member

Good good! Trials is fun, but I keep pulling my back doing it, I must be getting old!

Currently using this old beasty (image from many moons ago):

I saw/photographed Danny last weekend at the Glasgow festival. I'll get the shots up soon.

dickydutch

psychle
    what frame is that? Ive been thinking of having a bash on one of these for a while – dont know where to start looking though! Or even what to look at/for….

Kramer
    Free Member

Me neither. The grounds of my flat would be quite good for trials.

psychle
    Free Member

Dickydutch, not sure what frame it is (doesn't have any branding etc on it…) Picked it up from these here classifieds for just over a hundred quid posted, 'twas a decent deal and seems a good way to get started…

dickydutch

will have to keep my eyes peeled then. Im guessing you'd need substantial rims as well?!

flange
    Free Member

I've done a fair bit in the past but i'm a bit out of touch with new kit

However, I've always found the key to be a strong back wheel with a decent hub (shimano aren't strong enough) and decent brakes.

I used to ride this

…which was great for street. Rear rim was a 521 on a Hadley hub

Look on the trials-forum.co.uk at their classifieds – they always have kit on there thats worth having. Some good vids as well

jonb
    Free Member

http://www.spokeshirts.co.uk

it's on another thread.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

I have this for sale lookin for £200 posted
    IBEX Trials bike

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I am Danny Macaskill’ is closed to new replies.