Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I am about to commit a fanboy fail… what bar ends?
  • ourmaninthenorth

I know, I know, this fashion thing they call Mountain Biking decrees that bar ends are in, out, shake it all about and-for-the-love-of-god-don't-put-any-on-riser-bars or some IT nerds will lambast me for not looking cool.

well, I want some. Only short ones, not like the great scaffold poles of yesteryear.

So, what's good?

😀

clubber
    Free Member

You're ok so long as they're for flat bars otherwise, god help you 😉

these ones are good and fine for carbon

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18602

bigsi
    Free Member

Crane Creek do some comfy ones and they are quite discrete so you might get away with them 😉

Eggbox
    Free Member

Tioga power studs (ahem.. shame about the name) I use these when my bike has flat bars on it.

Paulio
    Free Member

Fashion faux pas already committed here. I recently put some of these on risers on my rigid single speed, how's that for coolitude?! They're pretty pricey but really light, comfortable and have a (I think) nifty clamp design. They make a big difference comfort-wise too.

njee20
    Free Member

Agree with the XTX ones, I used them branded as Smica, and they're good.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I had these on my last bike and they were very comfy.
    Then I saw the light!! 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

OMITN – YGM

whyter

I like X-Lite Stubbies – got them on 2 bikes.

clubber
    Free Member

They're also branded as ritchey costing twice as much!

njee20
    Free Member

Actually the Ritchey ones aren't quite the same.

They are branded as loads of different things. They do carbon ones too, they're heavier and more expensive!

Despite being really cheap they're among the lightest out there. Even lighter with alu bolts!

tazzymtb

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/BE708A04-Singletrack+St-Lites+Bar+Ends.aspx

i used these on my lightweight xc bike, bloomin fantastic and carbon bar friendly 😀

and only 62g for the set!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I am about to commit a fanboy fail… what bar ends?’ is closed to new replies.