Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I already have an Audi and Gaggia Classic – time for a log stove recommendation
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Just had a quote from a local installer and they have recommended (based on our circumstances/opening size/room dimensions etc) a Parkray Aspect 4 woodburner.

Anyone have any thoughts on it? It meets our needs (modern design, steel so quick to heat up etc) and looks nice but obviously we also want it to perform well and no amount of looking at one will tell us that…

So can anyone recommend it or can suggest a suitable alternative?

Cheers

jam-bo

yeoman CL3 is similar size/output/price.

ours is great although haven’t lit it yet this year.

br
    Free Member

Audi and a coffee machine, surely you could just turn on your central heating? 😉

We’ve a Stovax Riva, not sure of the model but you get an 18″ log in 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Morso make great quality stoves (I have the morso squirrel)

http://morsoe.com/uk/indoor/products?gclid=cntizvkz4s8cfuu8gwode-sbiq

Drac

Morsø here and it’s been superb, still is.

johndoh
    Free Member

Yeah I had a Morso (the current 3112 looks like the one we had) at our last place but the guy said that he one he recommends will heat up more quickly and easily (which is what we need – as a typical ‘two or three hours in front of the TV on an evening’ scenario).

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Looks nice, I went for something similar ie big window, little or no legs. Stovax^ do some really nice ones of that style Riva, Vision, Vogue, view. I went for a Westfire Uniq35 in the end as I stumbled on an ex display at half price. I get the impression that all the decent ones work well, as long as it’s all set up and installed correctly. It’ll be fine, I’m sure. Only issue might be a small firebox being a bit awkward to work with sometimes, maybe.

Drac

How quick do you want to heat up? Ours takes less than 10 minutes to get up to temp, someone is using crap sales talk.

Daffy

I already have an Audi and Gaggia Classic –

I notice that you missed any mention of owning a bike…utterly perfect, you Sir are 100% STW.

char34
    Free Member

convection or radiant stove?

poolman
    Free Member

Mine heats up in 10 mins too, I call bs on the salesman. Best advice, from here actually, was get the biggest poss as you can always have a small fire in a big burner but not a big fire in a small burner.

I went for a 12kw hergom which is well overspecced.

vorlich
    Free Member

Pleased with our Dovre 225

Drac

Big burners and small fire is bad idea burning inefficiency causes soot build up.

dantsw13

Is he an indie fitter, or from a showroom? Most companies will only fit stoves they sell. All my local independant fitters never even responded to my calls/emails.

timber

Battered Octavia and a Bialetti, we have a Burley Holywell.
    Little more efficient, firebox bigger than its competitors which means easy to chuck logs in. Stoves that only take 8″ logs are a PITA as a firewood seller. Door opens the other way, which makes sense for us in regards to which side we have space for the log basket.

johndoh
    Free Member

Is he an indie fitter, or from a showroom? Most companies will only fit stoves they sell. All my local independant fitters never even responded to my calls/emails.

They are a small firm with no real showroom (just a dusty shed on a farm). Said he could get most makes if we wanted something else (we had originally considered another brand and he said he could get that if we wanted it) – he also said he would be happy to do the installation only if we bought the stove elsewhere.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I already have an Audi and Gaggia Classic – time for a log stove recommendation’ is closed to new replies.