Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • HypertTerminal for Windows 7 64 bit, what are the options.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I need HyperTerminal to resurrect an old hard drive that has faulty firmware (fingers crossed). Windows 7 does not have HyperTerminal so apart from installing a copy XP just to use hyper terminal what are the options.?

verses
    scaled
    Free Member

REALLY annoying isnt it.

Especially when you’ve spent about an hour running round the office to try and find a laptop with a serial port 🙁

willard

Try kitty (http://www.9bis.net/kitty/?page=Download) it’s PuTTY, but maintained.

footflaps

Try kitty (http://www.9bis.net/kitty/?page=Download) it’s PuTTY, but maintained.

Interesting, still using PuTTY here…

verses

Interesting, still using PuTTY here…

Ditto…

footflaps

You can run scripts, and even drop files onto the window to open a pscp.exe window to transfer the file using SCP.

Worth it for that alone, I run Putty and WinSCP in parallel normally….

Cougar

PuTTY isn’t maintained? I’ll drop Simon a line, I’m sure he’ll be shocked to discover that.

aracer
    Free Member

Has anybody mentioned PuTTY yet? Like Hyperterminal, but better.

Though I’m curious how you use that to resurrect a HD?

willard

Cougar – Member
    PuTTY isn’t maintained? I’ll drop Simon a line, I’m sure he’ll be shocked to discover that.

Easy tiger… Just going on what I had heard and the fact that the download section never really seems to update between on year and the next.

(last modified on Sat Dec 10 13:43:19 2011)

verses

Though I’m curious how you use that to resurrect a HD?

Ditto… Again…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘HypertTerminal for Windows 7 64 bit, what are the options.?’ is closed to new replies.