Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hydraulic disc brakes, ok to post with Royal Mail ?
  • Woodentop
    Free Member

Had a quick look on there website, but not 100% sure, I’ve heard a few horror stories recently about items being confiscated. Anyone had any probs with brakes ?

Cheers

pk13

I sent some last week. Awaiting response from buyer . The post office had issues when I told them the content

coatesy
    Free Member

Plenty of threads recently recommending alternative carriers, i’ll be b***ered if i’d send anything like that with Royal Mail after the rear shock farce.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

I’ve changed to collect plus instead, much simpler than using the post office and have no risk of things being binned.

MSP

I’ve changed to collect plus instead, much simpler than using the post office and have no risk of things being binned sold off at auction.

Let’s be clear what they are doing. They are profiteering through abusing the rules.

plus-one

I’ve sent few sets of brakes via Royal Mail … When asked I say bike parts .. No issue 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

I’ve sent brake sets (plus bleed kits etc.) using RM as well, no hiccups that I’m aware of. I would do it, personally.

martinhutch

It’s very likely they’ll arrive OK, although I wouldn’t risk it, given the frankly illogical interpretation of their rules detailed on the rear shock thread.

Why you would pay Royal Mail prices is more the issue, when using parcel2go or similar is so much cheaper, and in many cases, more convenient.

Northwind

It depends how well bled it is, if there’s airbubbles in it then it’s potentially pressurised air and so is DEADLY and must be destroyed in a controlled auction.

Woodentop
    Free Member

Cheers guys, theres a collect + drop off poing just along the road, so thats ideal.

timmys

I’ve sent few sets of brakes via Royal Mail … When asked I say bike parts .. No issue

The problem is not getting them to take it. The issue is if they decide during transit that it is super-deadly and needs to be auctioned off with extreme prejudice.

Still not sure how bubble-wrap escapes death-by-auction.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hydraulic disc brakes, ok to post with Royal Mail ?’ is closed to new replies.