Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hydration pack recommendations
  • PMK2060

I currently use a Camelbak Mule that I bought about 7 years ago. I do not find this comfortable as it bulges out even when the bladder is half full and I do not find it comfortable. As a result I ride without a pack whenever possible. I now want to start using a hydration pack more regularly and am tempted to buy the Camelbak Skyline as I think I will find having the weight lower on the back more comfortable. Are any of you using the Camelbak Skyline and if so do you find it more comfortable than the traditional pack. Are there any other packs you would recommend around the same size?

canopy
    Free Member

how different does the newer mule look? i paid £50 for mine on a price match deal 🙂

shipton47
    Free Member

I have a skyline and really like it,much more comfortable that my old mule or evoc trail pack. It is pretty stable when riding and I find it more comfortable being lower down. Can get everything I need for a days riding in but not used in the winter.

mountainman

Currently use one from Trespass ,just wait till there on offer as never pay full price,or try mountain warehouse .

http://trespass.ie/mirror-15-litre-blue-hydration-backpack/http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/eu/running-cycling/running-accessories/hydration-packs/

rocketman
    Free Member

I do not find this comfortable as it bulges out even when the bladder is half full

Problem solved

mark_rich
    Free Member

I picked up a camelbak volt 13ltr, with 3 ltr bladder for £50 off amazon a couple of months ago, they are similar to the skyline with the low slung kidney shaped bladder, much more comfy and stable than previous packs ive had, the skyline is maybe even lower slung but I couldnt see the point in spending £90ish on one when the volt was reduced to £50.

simondbarnes

I’ve got a Skyline 10LR and am very impressed with it. With the weight lower down it just seems so much more comfortable than my old Mule. Recommended.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

If I weren’t running a Wingnut I’d seriously look at a Skyline.

As it stands though I’m very much a Wingnut fanboi. 🙂

Although I am looking rather too much at bumbags (enduro bags?) for shorter rides…

PMK2060

Thanks for the replies. I will order the camelbak skyline.

papercutout
    Free Member

Like Mark_rich above, I’ve got the Camelback Volt. If you’re going to need upto 13l of storage space, it’s amazing. I guide, so I have to carry a LOT of crap around. If you don’t want that much space, the Skyline looks good.

Difference is, I paid £35 on Amazon (new), mark_rich paid £50, and the Skyline is £80 or so, for basically the same bag (3l reservoir at the lumbar, side pockets, sits on your hips etc, etc), with 3l less storage space.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I guide, so I have to carry a LOT of crap around. If you don’t want that much space, the Skyline looks good.

You can get everything and a res in a 13L bag? Impressive.

When I guided I used a 12L Deuter for smaller rides (no res inside) and a 25L Deuter for everything else. There was room to spare, but that was a good thing.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member
    orena45

I’ve got a Skyline and really like it. Have a look at my review on my blog, hopefully it helps give you an idea. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hydration pack recommendations’ is closed to new replies.