Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hydration pack cleaning.
  • crazyjenkins01

I’m out of camelbak tabs. Any good hacks for cleaning the bladder without them or just soap and water and a good flush after?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Milton tabs.Tastes a bit grim though. I just store mine in the freezer. No cleaning required bar a rinse through.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Freezer for me too…although for some reason I’ve been a bit slack with that through the winter months.

crazyjenkins01

Thats my problem. Its a new pack, only used pre crimbo and not put it in the freezer yet 🙁

cdoc
    Free Member

About an eighth of a sterilising tablet swilled around the inside and emptied out before storage seems to work for me. Freezer works too, but there never seems to have room…

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

I half fill it with a 70/30 tap water/hydrogen peroxide mix. Just for completeness I squeeze a bit out the tube and try leave it full. Leaves no taste and needs no rinsing.

That’s only every few months, in between I just empty it, leave the cap off and let it dry out by the fire.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Milton fluid …maybe every couple of months and like most so far fridge or freezer ( either does )

Phil_H

Milton tabs & a rinse out afterwards seems to work for mine. I only use water in it though so it doesn’t get cleaned terribly often.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Milton, ram a wire brush thing down the hose which is where the more nasty stuff will grow, rinse, then from now on keep in the freezer and clean every few months/year.

jkomo

I just dry mine.
    To dry the tube, take it off and spin it round to drive the droplets out.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Speaking from very recent experience Milton works! It doesn’t cost much, and cleared all the black mould, my cleaning routine was poor before.
    Milton cleaned the black stuff straight off which is awesome

peekay

I’ve cleaned mine out with Milton tabs. Seems to work well.

However I have only done this twice in the 3.5years since having it and haven’t died yet from dodgy wateritus.

Usually store it with whatever water is left after the ride then empty and refill before each ride. Use it 2-3 times per week so always gets fresh water cycling through it. If only using water I can’t see that storing in a freezer or doing a weekly wash with sterilising tabs has any benefit to justify the admin /effort.

crazyjenkins01

Thanks all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hydration pack cleaning.’ is closed to new replies.