Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hybrid bike for tall person 6' 5"
  • infaddict
    Free Member

Hi everyone, not sure if this is right forum for Hybrid questions, so happy to post in another one if not.

I am on the look out for an all purpose hybrid bike suitable for tarmac, light off road (cinder path, good forest path) type of use. Commuting and Coast to Coasts too.

The problem I have is that I am 6′ 5″ tall so finding a frame size/geometry that fits is often tricky. I don’t want a drop bar or low riding position as I have had back/neck problems in the past, so prefer a relaxed more upright riding position. My budget is £1000 maximum and will be getting this on the ride to work scheme.

I really liked the look of the 2013 Whyte models like the Chiltern and the Stirling and I’m waiting for a LBS to get one in to take look. However, looking at the geometry and the sizing guides I believe even the largest size will be too small for me.

The other bike I’ve found is the Specialized Crosstail Expert – whilst this has front sus forks, the frame is kinda like a hybrid and the XXL size does fit me.

Anybody have any comments or recommendations for what I am looking for that would suit a tall person like me? Thanks in advance!

Toasty

The big Specialized stuff is huge.

6’6″ here and riding a 61cm Tricross, perhaps a step too far towards the roady side, but would merrily do everything you asked above.

Ridgeback do some good explorey bikes at decent prices:

http://www.ridgeback.co.uk/bike/flight-01#details

trail_rat
    Free Member

Trek and giant both do stuff that will fit you

Giant definantly have something in their range to do what you want.

Toasty

http://www.konaworld.com/bike.cfm?content=dr_dew

Kona Dews are usually all over the place for very cheap this time of year. Come in huge sizes and lots of mounts for carrying stuff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hybrid bike for tall person 6' 5"’ is closed to new replies.