Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Husker Du Ultralight?
  • futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Anyone know if these are available in the UK? 1200g for a fast rolling fat knobbly tyre is a tempting 😀

druidh
    Free Member

Ison have no HuDus in stock at the moment.

kayak23

Damn, thought this was about the music. …
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBKyBlJ_JN8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

tazzymtb

got the 1280g nate, I’d rather have the 80g for a lot more knobble!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I know Ison don’t have them – but there may be a shop out there that has them?

Tazzy – where did you get your 1280g Nate from? Did you weigh it, Surly tyres seem to have a massive variance in weight, my Nate is listed as 1780g – but it weighs 1520g- thing is – I already have a Nate and those big knobs add quite a bit of rolling resistance – mahoosive grip though!!! The Hu’ Dus’ are supposed to roll much better than a Nate and look to have enough grip for a “Summer” tyre and they often come up lighter than 1200g i hear – also slightly smaller diameter, which could speed up the steering a tad.

So none available in the UK then?

druidh
    Free Member

I don’t think Ison have had any HuDus in since the first batch sold out – i.e. the original spec, so unlikely that any shop will have them either. Perhaps drop them an email asking for some Ultralights to be brought in – or order them from the US and pay the tax/duty.

tazzymtb

nate is the folding bead ultralight 1280g, I have the normal 120 TPI nate which is 1540 on my scales. It’s a very different tyre, much more supple in the casing and deforms over stuff like a hungry amoeba. There are a few kicking around in the UK. Keef from this ere forum sourced ours for us.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Husker Du Ultralight?’ is closed to new replies.