Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hurt my back
  • project
    Free Member

Thursday night bent over to pick something off the floor, got up a bit quick and my back went twang,slight pain, no probs i thought so went out for a ride, still no probs, slight pain,then a phone call, a freind had collapsed as was in the hospital, 40 minute drive, then 6 hours in the hospital, waiting, she was ok in the end.

All yesterday could hardly move or bend,today the same,but think i can get my leg over the bike and go for a ride ,is this wise.Pain feels like somebody is stabbing a knife into me.

kaiser
    Free Member

will probably calm down within a few days . I’d stay active but avoid anything intense
    may need attention though (doc/chiro etc)
    I’d take a few ibruprofen and see how it goes.
    the body will tell you!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The advice generally nowadays is to keep moving and take painkillers
    Unless you have pins an needles or other nasty symptoms you should be OK but I doubt bike riding would be good.

GP on monday if its not starting to settle

kaesae
    Free Member

I would advise a change in attitude towards your body, don’t do any gymnastic nonsense, walk over to what ever you’re picking up squat down and then simply reach out and pick it up.

Balancing on one foot bending over, twisting at the hip, unless you’re very flexible that kind of fancy pants manuever should be avoided.

The small muscles at the bottom of your back are very easy to damage, once you sprain them they will tense up to protect themselves from further damage. After that it is very easy to damage the discs as well as other connective tissue in that area.

I have a good amount of experience with back injuries and I would advise an osteopath not a chiropractor. If it doesn’t get better or clear up and you would like some advice give me a shout.

enfht
    Free Member

I would advise an osteopath not a chiropractor

+1

And ibuprofen not paracetomol

And cold packs not hot packs

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Why no mention of going for physio?

project
    Free Member

Long hot bath last night, radox and salt,

paracetemol,

and a good sleep,

and the pain seems to have gone easier.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

try this fella, i cant rate him highly enough 😀 (only see Stuart tho)
    Cosgroves Physio
    Ashcrofts Farm
    Chorley Rd, Westhoughton, Bolton BL53NL
    01942 818 910

BillMC

Im just emerging from a whole year of backpain caused by an inflamed disc. Spent aroud a grand on osteos, chiros, paid for a scan, saw a consultant (kin useless). The most effective one was the physio on the NHS.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hurt my back’ is closed to new replies.