Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hurrah for the Police! (Bike theft content)
  • SaxonRider

I should have posted this on Friday, but I have been too busy since. In any case, I posted last week that four bikes had been stolen from my back garden, including my commuter bike and my mountain bike.

Well, the police called me on Friday to say that they had tracked down a bike theft ring and recovered from one guy’s house 15 bikes, including 3 of mine.

I am still missing my mountain bike, and I don’t know yet what condition the recovered bikes are in, but regardless, I am absolutely delighted with the police response, and the way they have treated me and my family since we first called them.

wwaswas

*thumb*

spawnofyorkshire

Good to hear some positive news for once!
    Hopefully your MTB gets recovered as well through this

stevied
    Free Member

Hopefully your MTB gets recovered as well through this

AND have their thieving hands removed at the wrist.

Great news on the 3 they’ve found 🙂

superstu
    Free Member

Great stuff!

drofluf
    Free Member

AND have their thieving hands removed at the waist

FTFY 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Excellent!

No excuse not to come for a ride then.

Offer of MTB long term loan still stands.

Or if you were insured, go and get a Trek Stache.

mark d
    Free Member

Good news. I’m calling 101 again tomorrow to see if any updates on mine.

jamj1974

Great news!

frankconway

That’s good but when it comes to bike thefts good news is, unfortunately, rare.
    Keep us posted on how the prosecution goes and what sentences are handed down.

Fozlett

Hi SaxonRider-good news indeed there!!

Hope I have a similar outcome as my Stache 5 was stolen from my garage last night and am beyond upset that it’s gone 🙁

timber

South Wales Police Cardiff have just added a gallery of some more recovered bikes to their Facebook page, can’t get a link address off the app so you’ll have to search for it.

SaxonRider

I saw that gallery, timber. There was a Gary Fisher (Wahoo, maybe?) that might have belonged to a mountain biker, but not much beyond that.

But I would advise people to look very closely, as my own commuter bike had been turned into a frankenbike, so it could well be that someone’s is there, but mixed with other parts.

timber

Few Charges, Genesis, Trek FS frame, ‘dale with Lefty.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hurrah for the Police! (Bike theft content)’ is closed to new replies.