Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hungry baby – REALLY hungry
  • TimP
    Free Member

My 11 month old is really hungry at the moment – should we be worried?
    Probably taking her to the doctor later today or tomorrow morning but are we being over protective
    She is on good form when not eating but wakes up hungry at about midnight till 2am crying and again at 6.
    Yesterday she had 10oz of follow on milk at 6am, porridge at 7:30am, breakfast in the nursery, lunch at the nursery, tea at nursery and snacks between meals, then more porrige at 5pm at home, 7oz or milk at 6:30pm and then another 10oz over night and was up again at 6 looking for more food. So in short she is on 5 meals, 25oz of milk and snacks in 24hrs. She started eating more about 2 weeks ago but she had been ill and we thought she was just catching up on missed calories, but it is getting pretty difficult to deal with now. We will get her weighed to see if she is on her percentile (75 on weight and height) so not a monster baby.
    So over to Dr STW….

ddmonkey

If she is 11 months old and starving its time for weaning onto proper food I think, her hunger will be due to her not getting enough satifaction from milk etc I think?

TimP
    Free Member

The 5 meals are proper food, porridge with fruit puree from us, jacket potatos, chilli con carne as her hot meals at nursery and weetabix as her brekkie there – she was weened at 6months

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    StirlingCrispin

Just a growth spurt would be my guess…

(uninformed opinion based on having two boys who did exactly what the OP describes)

Marmoset
    Free Member

Not really an issue if you’re feeding her when she wants it. They all have periods of wanting to eat elephants and then seemingly existing on nothing but fresh air for weeks.

Our lad was on 8oz every 4-6 hours from memory. He’s 3 1/2 now and I still can’t figure where he gets his energy from in the ‘not interested in eating all that’ weeks

Just keep going as you do, it’ll probably be over in a few weeks.

hora
    Free Member

Growth spurt.

Bloody eck – I would be worried if my son was off his food NOT the other way round.

What are you worried about OP- that he/she has worms? 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep – growth spurt.

Next month you’ll be worrying she isn’t eating much.

Eventually you will realise they eat what they want when they want to – which is where we are getting to with our twins at 18 months.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

This is a question for babycentre 🙂

TimP
    Free Member

Originally we thought growth spurt but she has never eaten this much before or for as long. And Hora, maybe???

ddmonkey

Ah well as said above sounds like a healthy appetite to me! Keep piling it in….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Not all spurts are the same. I assume she is getting much more active and crawling everywhere and perhaps even cruising/walking…

hora
    Free Member

When Nursery told us what horajunior eats there we were 😯

The bloody pig!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It doesnt sound like she eats much more than our 9 month old.

The milk you give her at 6:30pm is that when she goes to sleep? We give our son 200ml at 7pm when he goes to bed, which basically fills him up. Why not offer her more milk just before she goes to sleep. Our lad has 600 ml of milk a day, not much less than you are saing above.

Sounds to me like a growth spurt though. When Junior FD went throuh one at 5 months he would quite happily eat 3 weetabix in one meal! I think it lasted about 3 weeks.

Do you offer her a cup of water all day long too? She could be dehydrated as well.

TimP
    Free Member

She is cruising now (a lot!) but has been for a month or so and we were expecting the increase in appetite when she started. Thanks for all the reassurance everyone. It did seem much worse at 2am when she was screaming the house down as it is very unlike her and everything seems worse at night. MrsP is still pretty stressed and tired as we only got about 3hrs kip. Think we might go to bed at 7pm tonight and have dinner when she gets up at midnight!!
    She has an unrelated rash too which wont go away so the doc will need to look at that anyway

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Unfortunately it is just one of those things and you will have more sleepless nights – you just have to get on with it. 🙁

TimP
    Free Member

She has water at every meal, and it seems that any more than 10oz in a sitting (over 15mins) she will puke back up

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hungry baby – REALLY hungry’ is closed to new replies.