Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hungover question – what car?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Might be in a position to look for a new car, or to be more precise – another car. Something to drive across Europe in, 4 people, some stuff, supportive seats and decent speed would be important. Vintage – max. 2001.
    Needs to look good too.
    On the current list – Integra, Celica, Impreza, Hyundai Coupe. Budget – up to £2500/3000.
    C'mon, anybody here knows what and why I should test drive? BTW I don't give a flying duck about emissions, bike-carrying ability, image issues etc.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I can highly recommend the Integra. I have just blown the engine on mine after 11 years so am sad at the moment. It was my fault the engine blew (low oil) which makes it worse.

Fits 4 people or 2 plus 2 bikes. Averages 34mpg although I have had it as high as 42mpg and as low as 11mpg.

If you fancy a 'project' and know how to rebuild an engine you can buy mine, rebuild it and still have change from your budget.

joolsburger
    Free Member

An old 5 series or a well serviced Saab 9-5

Hairychested
    Free Member

My knowledge of engine mechanics is lower than my bunny hopping ability, very sadly.
    How did it perform when you were just driving rather than ragging it? Similar to a Civic I suppose…
    BTW Are there any BBB tickets left and when is it? I might get a day or two off to come with a bit of luck.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Octavia Estate 😉

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Driving it normally was just like any other car, a little noisy but absolutely fine. I used it as my only family car for the first 3 years during which time I did 100,000 miles without incident (1 replacement clutch).

The only faults I found with it in the 11 years were that the windscreen wipers hit the side of the windscreen about 120mph (Solution = slow down in the rain) and I kept taking the back roads home rather than the motorways because it was too much fun.

Yes, there are Big Bike Bash tickets left at the moment. Buy them now to ensure you get a place. You will be able to resell them if you can't make it, or consider it a charitable donation. Did I mention that it is all done for charity?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hungover question – what car?’ is closed to new replies.