Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Humidity patch on wall – advice needed.
  • letmetalktomark

This time last year we opened up our chimney breasts and installed two stoves (SS flues, back filled with vermiculite and the chimney sealed at the top with a raised cap)

Prior to opening up the chimney breast we had noticed a damp patch on the wall where water had been getting in from the top and catching on a ledge within the chimney.

No water now gets gown the chimney – well certainly not to the bricks – but we still have two patches on the wall that "come up" occasionally – weather dependent (muggy) and when we have been cooking (steam).

I would describe these patches a humidity related rather than damp as we are sure no new water is getting to them plus they stay at a constant size.

We thought that these would dry naturally but it seems this is not the case.

Can anyone advise as to how to perhaps tackle these? I don't necessarily want to just seal the wall as I would prefer the moisture come out first!

Help 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

Ensure better ventination in the house? If it is humidity, then the source is generated in the house. Open a window when cooking.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Humidity patch on wall – advice needed.’ is closed to new replies.